One in six of people alive today in UK will live to be a hundred

I would be in a good pension scheme if my employer paid me enough salary to be able to afford one.

If 1 in 6 get's to 100 how many will get to 80+, 3 out of 6? There are enormous implications for society and how we fund this.

People will no doubt have to work longer, but if they are in good health then this will not be such a problem I suppose.

If 1 in 6 get's to 100 how many will get to 80+, 3 out of 6? There are enormous implications for society and how we fund this.

People will no doubt have to work longer, but if they are in good health then this will not be such a problem I suppose.

And if not?

Make sure you have sold your house and spent your savings ......... sorry kids it looks like you're on your own .......... just think I could have ******* it all up against a wall and be no worse off.

I agree ;-)

And if not?

Make sure you have sold your house and spent your savings ......... sorry kids it looks like you're on your own .......... just think I could have ******* it all up against a wall and be no worse off.

Atleast you'll have a decent pension from Stainless works (hopefully)!

hopefully........ If its still there when I can draw it.

People who worked in heavily unionised environments like steel are vey fortunate to be able to have been in such good pension scehmes, where you can make them even better by doing AVC's (additional voluntary contributions). They are of course very good for the local economy, just look at the spending power that they provide. Will be very different in years to come, as fewer and fewer people will have such generous pension provision.

Archived