Joanna Yeates' murder - man charged

Hopefully this time the suspect will not be tried and found guilty by the media before the police have had chance to interview him. :rolleyes:

That depends. Has he got a strange hairstyle and does he look a bit "eccentric", "strange" or like "a loner"?

Maybe the press could track down former employers from years ago and ask them about him.

Today's latest:

Joanna Yeates murder: Christopher Jefferies may sue police for wrongful arrest

Christopher Jefferies, the retired English master and landlord of murdered Joanna Yeates, is expecting to be cleared of any involvement in the case imminently and is considering suing police for wrongful arrest, he has told friends.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/crime/8242526/Joanna-Yeates-murder-Christopher-Jefferies-may-sue-police-for-wrongful-arrest.html

I think he should be suing the media for the slurs cast against him rather than the police trying to do their job. Or should the police have granted him anonymity or better protection?

Couldn't agree more he should be suing the media, the police have to be able to question suspects and as he wasn't charged I don't know what he could sue them for. The media however need to be stopped from constantly published outright lies and they had no right to delve into the personal life of someone who wasn't even charged.

Free speech my arse!

Archived