Joanna Yeates' murder - man charged

The police are likely to know a lot more than they have disclosed about this case. I suspect that they already have forensic evidence which the landlord will have difficulty in explaining away. My hunch is that on the evening in question, the landlord tried it on with Joanna and was rebuffed. I suspect he then panicked and killed her, out of fear of being exposed.

All we do know for certain is that it is a tragic waste of a young life.

I kind of had this hunch too. Sky news confirm landlords arrest.

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/UK-News/Joanna-Yeates-Murder-Landlord-Chris-Jefferies-65-Arrested-By-Police-In-Bristol/Article/201012415874586?lpos=UK_News_First_UK_News_Article_Teaser_Region_2&lid=ARTICLE_15874586_Joanna_Yeates_Murder%3A_Landlord_Chris_Jefferies%2C_65%2C_Arrested_By_Police_In_Bristol

When I first saw a photo of the landlord I thought he resembled Ian Hislop then after seeing other pictures and descriptions, that he was an eccentric gay in which case he wouldn't have been interested in Joanna Yeates

He wasn't short of money in that he owned properties so he would know he would have a lot to lose, if he is going to get convicted he should ponder whether it was worth it - some of these murderers can't seem to get their heads round that

I know he hasn't been charged so we'll just have to wait now

Re-opening. Keep the speculation out of this please or the thread will be closed. This is an ongoing investigation and I'm sure the police will have more to say in time but until they do I will remind you all to please keep the speculation out of this .

Re-opening. Keep the speculation out of this please or the thread will be closed. This is an ongoing investigation and I'm sure the police will have more to say in time but until they do I will remind you all to please keep the speculation out of this .

I agree that lurid speculation on Sheffield Forum is unseemly, but to think that it has any bearing on the police investigation is to attribute our local forum with a relevance that it simply doesn't have.

Archived