Compulsory part time jobs..

Most already do work around study in order to afford to live, even then there is not a lot to live on and with fees trippling you want to make it harder still for people to work toward a career?

forcing the unemployed into part time or voluntary work to earn their keep as has already been put forward is a far better idea imo. if you put education out of reach to people then all you do is create more unemployment in the future because people wont have the skills necessary

Please don't give up. I was the first from my working class family to go to college until I was 18 and my son was the first to go to university. You should always strive to improve yourself.

Agreed :) I was the only person in my extended and immediate family to go to university until last year when my cousin decided to go as a mature student.

It is tough money wise but choose your degree and university carefully and ensure it will open the doors to a well paid job that is not too competative at the end of it. You soon get used to working and studying is fun as you should be studying something you enjoy :)

Archived