If you have used your fog light in the last few days please read.

I honestly think that a lot of people driving with spots on in good visibility don't know they are breaking the law?

A Toyota pick up truck with fog lights blaring overtook me on the M18 this morning, pulling a large flatback car trailer without any marker lights or rear lights showing! Beggars belief that somebody is that stupid!

It annoys the hell out of me but there's no telling some people :confused:

Me too! I drove from Sheffield to Rotherham last night approx 8 miles and saw at least 9 vehicles with fog lights on.

I have only ever used fog lights once and that was about 20 years ago.

I wonder if people who misuse fog lights actually realise there's more chance of damage to their car, not because other drivers can't see them but because the dazzle of fog lights makes it difficult to see their brake lights!

I have just driven from Sheffield to Leeds (7.30am), it's ever so slightly foggy, the motorway is well lit and I can see at least 5 cars in front of me.

SO WHY TURN YOUR FOG LIGHT ON?

If you have a pretty good view of the five cars in front of you then there is a good chance that the car DIRECTLY BEHIND YOU knows you are there.

If it knows you are there you DON'T NEED YOUR BLOODY FOG LIGHT ON!

If that is all too complicated for you then get the bus.

Ta.

Some days I do wish Sheffield Forum had a "Like Post" button. Well said.

I have only ever used fog lights once and that was about 20 years ago.

Last time I used mine was during the torrential rain that caused the 2007 floods. I was on the A1 on my way to Newcastle and the rain was so heavy I could only see about 10-15 feet in front of me. Needless to say I proceeded at very low speed until I could safely pull into a lay-by.

Last time I used mine was during the torrential rain that caused the 2007 floods. I was on the A1 on my way to Newcastle and the rain was so heavy I could only see about 10-15 feet in front of me. Needless to say I proceeded at very low speed until I could safely pull into a lay-by.

I think it's more hazardous driving in torrential rain as you describe than fog, i hope you had a spare pair of underpants.:hihi:

I put the front foglights on last night when it was foggy tbh it didn't help, so I switched them off.

Loads of other drivers had them on. I think they only make a difference to visibility on unlit roads, they don't throw much light forward onto the road surface unless its really dark.

Was driving behind someone yesterday in a little Peugeot, who decided to turn their rear fog light on in daylight for no real reason. It was so bright that I could no longer see their numberplate clearly.

Given the amount of stupid people who frequent this forum I find it hard to believe that nobody on here is one of culprits.

Who just drove to work (or more likely Meadowhall) with their fog light on?

Come on, own up.

I did this morning.

Worksop to Jct 31, I was tail end charlie in the car queue on the A57, with no visible headlights behind me until about 100 yards before the Jct. Visibility about 75-100 yards tops, much less in places.

Then I turned it off :P

Given that my 12 year old, not-so-high-end, car has a dashboard repeater (light) when the rear foglight's on, as have most low-end cars I've owned over the years, I tend to find the excuse that people can't see the foglight on-off button/status on their dashboard rather poor ;)

Archived