If you have used your fog light in the last few days please read.

Given that my 12 year old, not-so-high-end, car has a dashboard repeater (light) when the rear foglight's on, as have most low-end cars I've owned over the years, I tend to find the excuse that people can't see the foglight on-off button/status on their dashboard rather poor ;)

You have a point here, mine is to the right under the steering wheel, but I'm aware its there and there is a warning display in the binnacle telling me its on, this !

I think the people that the OP is targeting are the ones who knowingly drive with them on regardless, these are the inconsiderate gits that need to be targeted by the police.

Thing is, you dont know where you stand regarding fog lights and the police...do you turn them on and get done because you shouldn't have them on, or do you leave them off and get done for not having them on?? :help:

Yep, our first admission of guilt.

If you USED THEM CORRECTLY such things would be irrelevant!

I had my spot light thingies on yesterday in the worst of the fog, now, if i was wrong to do that then i'd love to know when the right time to put them on is. :confused:

I'm under the impression that if visibility is reduced to less than 50yds then the use of fog lights is considered illegal. A few months ago Police were pulling people over on Langsett Road for unnecessary use of fog lights in good visibility.

I'm under the impression that if visibility is reduced to less than 50yds then the use of fog lights is considered illegal. A few months ago Police were pulling people over on Langsett Road for unnecessary use of fog lights in good visibility.

Might want to think that one through again...

I had my spot light thingies on yesterday in the worst of the fog, now, if i was wrong to do that then i'd love to know when the right time to put them on is. :confused:

It depends how bad the worst of the fog actually was. On the M1, yesterday evening, it was nowhere bad enough to require fog lights; on the Snake pass, according to Cyclone, it very much was, and knowing what the Snake is like I'm inclined to believe him.

Archived