If you have used your fog light in the last few days please read.

I have been driving since 1983 . I drive approx 50000 miles a year and i think that driving in this fog is worse than driving in snow and ice . The snow is a sort of definite situation , you look out of your window in the morning , snow is 2 feet high so you dont move the car . However , this fog is very patchy and a lot of inexperienced drivers do not realise how hard it is to drive in ??

I only use mine when its realy bad infact the fog was so bad last year that visibility was only around 2m, and i had to follow the car infront.

We were crawling along it was so foggy, I had to use all my concentration to keep focused on his lights after about 30 mins he suddenly stopped and i nearly hit the back of his car, furious i jumped out and shouted that i nearly hit him and why did he just stop and he answered he had pulled up on his drive !!

I don't get what people's problem is with fog lights. I've never had an issue with them, but there's plenty of times I've been dazzled by oncoming driver's headlights that are badly adjusted or just too bright so that they look like they're on full beam even though they're dipped.

Archived