Lee Evans at Sheffield Arena

Anj1364

Originally posted by HendryVIII

I am going to the Friday show and I have got a quite good seat - Block B Row 3.

I can't wait - I saw him two years ago at The City Hall and I nearly stopped breathing because I was laughing so much.

We are in for a treat!

:o

block B row 2 :D

cant wait.....:D:clap:

Originally posted by RobT

Sorry if this comment is taken the wrong way but i saw him on Wrossy on Friday and i found him really unfunny! Really embarrassing!!

Maybe he is different onstage in his own environment but on a talk show...bad!

Thats my opinion!

ditto.

jonathan ross is a entertainer of the first class in my opinion....lee evans is a fool who spends his time as a poor mans norman wisdom.

again.... only my opinion...seens though this is people going to see him..i doubt any1 would agree with me :hihi:

:clap: :clap: Absolutely fantastic!! :clap: :clap:

what a great night...... got to do the same again tomorrow night.... how will i cope... i hope the arena can supply hernia repair.... fantastic!!

i ache from laughing ...

I went last night as well.. I'm not the biggest Lee Evans fan but I thought it was a good show overall.. the missus loved it though and was variably crying with laughter all night.

The only crap part of the night for me was the bit when he changed at the end to dress in a white suit- and did the song which I thought went on too long and was unfunny- a lot of the people I looked around at looked quite bored at that bit as well.

Fantastic ovation for the guy especially after he did Bohemian Rhapsody at the end :thumbsup:

There is only one word to describe Lee Evans and that is genius.

I was at the Arena last night and he was hilarious. He was on stage for almost two hours and I really don't think there was a single minute that I wasn't laughing.

He had me crying with laughter at one point. There was another point when I almost stopped breathing because I was laughing so much.

I have seen him twice now and I have not been disappointed, if anything he has left me wanting more.

In my opinion he is the best stand-up comic around, far better that Peter Kay and that's saying something!

No way is Lee Evans better than Peter Kay.. dont agree with you there sorry to say :)

I saw a lot of people in the B section at the arena where I was sitting last night looking bored stiff during the white-suit song at the end of the night, that bit went on far too long for me- and it just was not funny at all.

It was still a good night though, but I'm looking forward to seeing Dave Spikey more to be honest :thumbsup:

Originally posted by ANGELUS

No way is Lee Evans better than Peter Kay.. dont agree with you there sorry to say :)

I saw a lot of people in the B section at the arena where I was sitting last night looking bored stiff during the white-suit song at the end of the night, that bit went on far too long for me- and it just was not funny at all.

It was still a good night though, but I'm looking forward to seeing Dave Spikey more to be honest :thumbsup:

OK so the song was a bit boring, but that was ten minutes of a two hour show. The rest was bloody amazing.

Oh and he is better than Peter Kay - 10 times better.

We are all entitled to our opinions though, the world would be boring if we all agreed.

Originally posted by HendryVIII

...... bloody amazing.

Oh and he is better than Peter Kay - 10 times better.

Totaly agree...

Ive just got back... the show was brill... last night and tonight...love the show... Rotherham flu?

;)

Quick question for the people saying that Lee Evans is better than Peter Kay..

Name me 5 Lee Evans catchphrases you can remember off the top of your head without looking them up on the tinternet or looking at his past DVD's.

I reckon you could manage about 2- maybe 3 memorable ones at most.

Peter Kays on the other hand- stick in your head.. ie: Garlic Bread, Its Spitting, Teletext, Red Lion, Rola Cola, Big Light On... I could go on for ages..

Thats what sets the comedian above others- people remember quality lines and jokes- I cant remember much from Lee Evans on Friday night to be honest- apart from the odd bit now and again namely- Brown Tooth instead of BluTooth which was gold, broadband, dog scratching its arse on the floor complete with sound effect, women wearing too many items..

Archived