Sheffield is a ghost town..

TJC1

Noticed sheffield has got worse and worse over the last few months for going out, its dead apart from 1 or 2 nights a month, its boring, whats going on? im moving to leeds at this rate!

That's always been the case. The reason is because you've been doing it too much, it has now become a routine ... same old faces, same old music etc.

Promoters make decisions based on customers.

I would love to get back into booking techno and electronic events, because Sheffield is dull at the moment. We can speculate all day why this is; lack of decent venues, relatively small population, venues and promoters not wanting to take risks, the economic climate; but whatever the reason(s) if people don't rally to buy tickets to see the artists they like, promoters will stop booking them and ultimately venues will focus on something else to get heads through the door.

Next weekend I'm off to see Venetian Snares, VHS Head and Neil Landstrumm in Manchester. The venue has a capacity of about 500 and is close to selling out. That same line-up in Sheffield would be doing well to pull half that number, meaning the promoter would more than likely lose a lot of money.

That's always been the case. The reason is because you've been doing it too much, it has now become a routine ... same old faces, same old music etc.

Theres an element fo that. I also feel Sheffield doesnt have a fluid nighttime scene, its busy one weekend, dead the next.

Promoters make decisions based on customers.

I would love to get back into booking techno and electronic events, because Sheffield is dull at the moment. We can speculate all day why this is; lack of decent venues, relatively small population, venues and promoters not wanting to take risks, the economic climate; but whatever the reason(s) if people don't rally to buy tickets to see the artists they like, promoters will stop booking them and ultimately venues will focus on something else to get heads through the door.

Next weekend I'm off to see Venetian Snares, VHS Head and Neil Landstrumm in Manchester. The venue has a capacity of about 500 and is close to selling out. That same line-up in Sheffield would be doing well to pull half that number, meaning the promoter would more than likely lose a lot of money.

Strange that, but Manchester has always had a great music scene.

Archived