Sheffield is a ghost town..

TJC1

I think people are either growing out of the scenes and going to restaurants or saving their money. Plus with all the violence I have read about and seen in town for the past year it makes you wonder if people are getting fed up of it!

I have noticed how dead it has become but the student nights are still crowded, I am a little older to be in the student haunts now though :hihi: so will stick to the restaurants as the city centre is dire!

• 4 weeks later...

As a city ctr bar owner, I can say that we have noticed midweek trade has lessened slightly, especially on Mondays and Wednesdays. It's not unusual for us to have more people in than some big bars on Division Street though, which makes us feel better!

Regarding weekends, it seems people come out later and stay out later - which is what I do when I go on holiday abroad, maybe that culture has crept into the UK?! We used to be busy from 9pm on weekends but now it tends to be 10pm.... but then, as I say, they stay later too.

Cheers

Graham

Archived