Does 'merely' thinking a certain way make you a '-phobe', '-ist' etc

Fair enough. It wouldn't be for no reason would it? you would surely have a personal reason for discriminating against me...reasons you are entitled to have.

Lets just say you were a shop keeper or something, your discrimination wouldn't kill me, there's plenty of other shop keepers that wont discriminate against me, so I'll just go there.

Why would you go elsewhere? According to you they'd be within their rights to discriminate against you. Why would you deprive them of that right?

the situations we are discussing here are 'normal' day to day situations. where life and death are concerned, or someone is causing someone else pain it is your duty, if you can, to get involved. doing anything but makes you a coward. that, i still stand by.

What about say for example in "Shameless" where someone will say "it's your family duty", even though the experiment was initially set up to study the war it's implications are much more widespread and can be put into effect even just with a couple of people!

i wonder if it's because it's all to do with sex. there can't be any other reason. which is why i was saying seeing a whole person, with all that they are, only as gay, or gay first, makes YOU perverted, not them.
I'm more interested in a persons Character than their sexual preference. There's nothing perverted about that is there?

There is naff all I or anyone else can do about that...I'm sure it goes on.

Yes there is by ensuring that surgeons act based on clinical judgements not personal ones. If one did do as I suggested they'd be struck off instantly and rightly so, so there's much more than naff all you can do about it.

Your view wouldnt be quite as cavalier if it was your child dying of kidney failure.

Are some people inherently prejudiced, or can they be educated to be more accepting of diversity? I think that some peoples' prejudice stems from lack of knowledge.

No-one is born a racist, or a hater of women or homosexuals. They learn, someone teaches them.

Can they learn to overcome their prejudices? Yes, and sometimes they do.

Are some people inherently prejudiced, or can they be educated to be more accepting of diversity? I think that some peoples' prejudice stems from lack of knowledge.

What like if you get a someone to try sprouts ten times in a year their taste buds will accustom to them, supposedly true!

Directly answering, no, yes, yes!

Archived