Does 'merely' thinking a certain way make you a '-phobe', '-ist' etc

Probably because Islam is the new black.

BF's right though isn't it?

No-one apart from the most jaw-droppingly knuckle scraping neanderthal halfwit bats an eyelid at most black people these days....go back 50 or ^0 years though and it was all 'No blacks no Irish no dogs'.

Islam is indeed the new black.

'Oh, Ali at the corner shops alright, but the rest are all plotting to murder us in our beds...'

BF's right though isn't it?

No-one apart from the most jaw-droppingly knuckle scraping neanderthal halfwit bats an eyelid at most black people these days....go back 50 or ^0 years though and it was all 'No blacks no Irish no dogs'.

Islam is indeed the new black.

'Oh, Ali at the corner shops alright, but the rest are all plotting to murder us in our beds...'

It's absolutely right H, 30 years ago the NF were chasing darkies, and 30 years before that the BUF were chasing Jews..plus ca change...

BF and H, you've just reminded me. it seems prejudices based on physical difference( of course it's never just a simple as 'physical') are on their way out. even cultural one, as long as you're the same religion, seem to be on the wane too. strange that religious prejudice is bucking the trend.

BF and H, you've just reminded me. it seems prejudices based on physical difference( of course it's never just a simple as 'physical') are on their way out. even cultural one, as long as you're the same religion, seem to be on the wane too. strange that religious prejudice is bucking the trend.

There could be something in that, Kaimani - although sadly (as a good look through of the anti-Islamic diatribe on here will show you) I think a lot of those who hate muslims so fervently are hanging their hats on the religious angle - where what they really don't like is that (most of them) they're brown-skinned and culturally different.

In the seventies it was just plain old '****-bashing', now it's ****-bashing under the guise of patriotism and 'defending' the nation from Islam......

There could be something in that, Kaimani - although sadly (as a good look through of the anti-Islamic diatribe on here will show you) I think a lot of those who hate muslims so fervently are hanging their hats on the religious angle - where what they really don't like is that (most of them) they're brown-skinned and culturally different.

In the seventies it was just plain old '****-bashing', now it's ****-bashing under the guise of patriotism and 'defending' the nation from Islam......

i see what you mean. i was hoping it was right. but you might have a point, physical differences still present the easiest way to tell our, well, differences.

in the lack of exterior signs of religion etc i think, on the whole, people seem to have made headway. the younger ones anyway, unless this rising 'taking our jobs' thing is helped by the cuts.

i see what you mean. i was hoping it was right. but you might have a point, physical differences still present the easiest way to tell our, well, differences.

in the lack of exterior signs of religion etc i think, on the whole, people seem to have made headway. the younger ones anyway, unless this rising 'taking our jobs' thing is helped by the cuts.

Such as it is the 'taking our jobs' thing seems to not get used with regard to muslims - still seems to be largely directed at our friends from eastern europe. It's got to be an even lamer call than it ever was as we're just as free to go and live over there and apply for work as they are here.

I like Stephen Fry, but despise Julian Clary. Both poofs, but I`d only invite one round for dinner.

That's nice dear. Let me guess, you'd ask Stephen on account of his towering intellect and because Clary's camper than Glastonbury.

Archived