Does 'merely' thinking a certain way make you a '-phobe', '-ist' etc

There could be something in that, Kaimani - although sadly (as a good look through of the anti-Islamic diatribe on here will show you) I think a lot of those who hate muslims so fervently are hanging their hats on the religious angle - where what they really don't like is that (most of them) they're brown-skinned and culturally different.

In the seventies it was just plain old '****-bashing', now it's ****-bashing under the guise of patriotism and 'defending' the nation from Islam......

Im not nor have I ever been into, nor do I condone "**** bashing" as you call it. But I can understand why the Islamic way of life and those of muslim faith are given a hard time by some in Britain. I have no sympathy for Islamic faith, or the criticism it recieves because it's a backward faith that in my opinion has no place in British culture.

Im not nor have I ever been into, nor do I condone "**** bashing" as you call it. But I can understand why the Islamic way of life and those of muslim faith are given a hard time by some in Britain. I have no sympathy for Islamic faith, or the criticism it recieves because it's a backward faith that in my opinion has no place in British culture.

And what DOES have a place in British culture, in your opinion Danot?

Anything that doesn't promote sexism, racism, forced marriage, under age marriage, sex with children; just to name a few.. of course thats only my opinion.

In reality any point of view can be classed as bigoted if there is an alternative to it. Some may say that you are describing a group with that last comment and call you a bigot even though in reality they may agree with the points. Hypocrisy is a fine line!

In reality any point of view can be classed as bigoted if there is an alternative to it. Some may say that you are describing a group with that last comment and call you a bigot even though in reality they may agree with the points. Hypocrisy is a fine line!
My view on Islam wasn't formed due to a reluctance to consider any alternative viewpionts. It was formed because the Islamic faith is everything that I say it is. Anyone who believed my views were bigoted would first need to discredit my claims before making any accusation of bigotry.

My view on Islam wasn't formed due to a reluctance to consider any alternative viewpionts. It was formed because the Islamic faith is everything that I say it is. Anyone who believed my views were bigoted would first need to discredit my claims before making any accusation of bigotry.

Bigotry is just a word to describe different groups who won't be swayed, the definition doesn't even indicate that the groups are wrong, just steadfast on their views!

Bigotry is just a word to describe different groups who won't be swayed, the definition doesn't even indicate that the groups are wrong, just steadfast on their views!
What reason would anyone have to call my viewoint bigoted or attempt to sway my viewpoint if it was accurate? Surely they must disagree with something I'm saying.

Archived