December 2011 Wedding Venue & Other Help!

Hi, we are getting married in December 2011 and im torn between 3 venues for the evening reception - we are getting married in Church at 3pm and having an evening only do for approx 100 people. Each venue is roughly the same price. The Hilton, Kenwood Hall & Christians/ Beauchief Hotel.

Does anyone have any experiences of any of the above?

Thanks

Hi ive been to kenwood and beuchief for weddings and although kenwood is beautiful it is really all about space although if the weather is kind the gardens are a must for photos etc and the rooms are nice if planning to stay after the wedding and the beauchief is nice but does still have the feel of wine bar as i knew it from years ago when it was first done up but its your choice my friends all seemed happy with the venues as it s wht you make of it thats special. All the best x

I had my wedding at the Kenwood and it was fantastic, the beauty of the place is the fact that it has rooms that guests can get away from the music to chat and mingle, there's a separate room opened for evening buffet and the staff are fantastic too.

p.s if you need a photographer feel free to check my site

I got married at the Kenwood (not sure if it's still the same but they used to have two options, the larger hall for about 300ppl, and the smaller one for 150 or so - we were in the smaller).

It was fantastic though. Food was perfect, venue was lovely, and the grounds are really good for photos. Would definitely recommend it.

ps if you need a good band, give me a shout :) Rock/soul covers - see my ad on the entertainment section :)

Shameless I know!

I was a bridesmaid for a wedding at the Hilton in September. The rooms were lovely, food gorgeous and staff were very helpful. The only downsides (my opinion only) were no gardens - we had the wedding photos done my the river though which was nice and the bar was a little pricey but I think you will get that at any hotel in town!!

Have you had a look at Aston Hall and also Tankerlsey Manor??

Good Luck

Hi, we are getting married in December 2011 and im torn between 3 venues for the evening reception - we are getting married in Church at 3pm and having an evening only do for approx 100 people. Each venue is roughly the same price. The Hilton, Kenwood Hall & Christians/ Beauchief Hotel.

Does anyone have any experiences of any of the above?

Thanks

Worked at Kenwood hall on several weddings nice for your photos etc .

Hilton is nice for reception etc

have you looked at the new ASTON hotel . very nice reception venue.

http://www.astonhotels.co.uk/hotels/sheffield

I would say the Kenwood is excellent, although just bear in mind it will be dark after your service so I doubt that you would get many photos outside.

Allthe best for your wedding, if looking for a photographer give me a call to discuss further, details can be found on website

We had our reception at the Kenwood and I agree with Twoflags - really good having lots of separate rooms - you can get away from the disco if you want to chat. It's good for older guests especially who don't like all the noise.

Couldn't fault it though - staff, venue, food - all were lovely.

Archived