In these hard times should footballers have their pay cut?

vinyl

I just wonder what folks think of fat cat footballers earning £100K a week and driving up ticket prices.

Folks start threads about fat cat bankers and then pay at the turnstyles to watch a game and top up the wages of players who are quite likely tax exiles.

How, exactly, would you cut them? Footballers' wages are determined by negotiation and market value, not my government fiat.

What is the market value, is your house worth £200,000? I'll give you £500 for it. If you ask a footballer if they deserve the wage, they will undoubtedly say yes. I've even heard of footballers earning over £100,000 pw say they struggle to make ends meet.

I just wonder what folks think of fat cat footballers earning £100K a week and driving up ticket prices.

Folks start threads about fat cat bankers and then pay at the turnstyles to watch a game and top up the wages of players who are quite likely tax exiles.

Go on then name a few, cant see their being many at BDTBL

What is the market value, is you house woth £200,000? I'll gove you £500 for it. If you ask a footballer if they deserve the wage, they will undoubtedly say yes. I've even heard of footballers earning over £100,000 pw say they struggle to make ends meet.

From what I've seen, even the ugly ones don't have any trouble making their ends meet.

As long as mugs continue to pay high ticket prices and for all the Sky Sports channels nothing will change. I worked with a guy who threatened every season to not renew his Man U season ticket but he always did.

Isn’t that what they call supply and demand, if it wasn’t for sky sports we would still be watching football highlights last thing at night and as for every ball of a cricket match or every ball played in a golf tournament … totally unthinkable before sky came along.

PS

Aren’t M Utd tickets like gold dust they are handed down through the family, people don’t just give them up.

What is the market value....

The price that someone can command for his services in the market, is the market value.

I'd like to bet, fairly heavily, that if someone offered the OP ten times his current salary - whatever it is - to go and do the same job for a different company, that he'd snap off their hands to take the offer. I know I would. What I don't understand is why people think footballers should not be allowed to do the same.

Archived