In these hard times should footballers have their pay cut?

vinyl

Go on then name a few, cant see their being many at BDTBL

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/2944262/David-Beckham-is-worlds-highest-paid-footballer.html

England and LA Galaxy midfielder Becks, 35, earns £26million a year - much of which comes from sponsorship deals.

But he will not pocket as much this year after his Achilles injury ruled him out of the World Cup.

Chelsea pair Frank Lampard (£11m) and John Terry (£10.4m) are seventh and eighth in the list.

£11million/year is over £200K/week. I'm sure I read somewhere that Tevez was demanding £320K to stay put.

I just wonder what folks think of fat cat footballers earning £100K a week and driving up ticket prices.

Folks start threads about fat cat bankers and then pay at the turnstyles to watch a game and top up the wages of players who are quite likely tax exiles.

Footballers haven't been subsidised £200 billion from public money, so the comparison isn't really relevant.

And in a time when many are supposed to be struggling to make ends meet, it always amazes me just how much money there is around.When you think how costly it is to take a family to the football match, people still seem to find the money to pay for this every other week.

I think though that many are season ticket holders and the effects of a recession arent immediately felt by the clubs as if people have already paid out for their ticket, it isnt until the following season that they find they may not be able to afford the luxury any more.

The issue about wages is that unfortunately it isnt always supply and demand as many clubs go in to massive debts to gamble on a player who may the week after break a leg and never play another game.

Reckless really.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/2944262/David-Beckham-is-worlds-highest-paid-footballer.html

England and LA Galaxy midfielder Becks, 35, earns £26million a year - much of which comes from sponsorship deals.

But he will not pocket as much this year after his Achilles injury ruled him out of the World Cup.

Chelsea pair Frank Lampard (£11m) and John Terry (£10.4m) are seventh and eighth in the list.

£11million/year is over £200K/week. I'm sure I read somewhere that Tevez was demanding £320K to stay put.

Is that the best you can do ? what as the going’s on in Italy got to do with tax exiles.

Archived