I have a wrote off car, i have to scrap it ?

My car got wrote off on 14th this month and it's been sitting on my drive waiting for things to happen.

I rang insurance up (hastings) and they told me i had to scrap it myself. I'm about to get my settlement payment for the car, do i just scrap it as ring up a yard to collect or the people who made the settlement offer (3rd party not hastings who i don't know who they are as i sent paperwork back ) do they have a part to play in this ?

They said i could buy back car as Cat-C for £380 but can't see me just scrap it ??

It's all new to me , the customer services of hastings was very vague to say the least.

Just don't want to scrap it and someone comes for it and ...... you know !

if they are willing to let you buy it back then it has some value to them why would they just let you scrap it? id wait til you get your money first then ring and ask them what they are going to do with the car. after they have paid out the car becomes their property. what car is it? if they let you scrap it you may be able to make a little money selling parts off it first

it's a 2004 suzuki liana glx se with all the bells and whistles. 11000miles, 50mpg, 5 airbags etc... silky smooth to drive, flew through every MOT without an issue. Upgraded wheels to 15" chrome/black rims.

The car can be fixed but it's a very rare model the se which made it wrote off. The last time it was damaged due to thieves , the insurance fixed the door handle which took 2 weeks to ship from other side of the world.

No part is off the shelf which in a way i'm glad i don't have it.

If it is a special then maybe you need to find other owners and let them know that you have a scrap one sitting on your drive. On the basis of supply and demand maybe yours could be worth a reasonable amount as spares although I suppose it could p*** off the missus sitting on the driveway slowly being scrapped.

Archived