Power Shower help needed

Hi,

I have a power shower that isn't working as it should.

I have checked the pump and cleaned all the hoses/shower head and can't

seem to find out what the problem is.

The shower works fine when on cold water, it is powerful and cold but as you move the tap/controller to the hot water it loses it's power quite substantially just to a hot trickle.

This has only happened over the last few weeks.

The pressure is fine in all other household taps.

I was just wondering if anyone could shed any light on this problem, if it's something simple that I can sort myself or whether I need a plumber.

I don't have a combi boiler - just a normal one and the pump was changed about 2 years ago.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

im no expert but ive had this problem before at an old address i think its because its winter and the cold water thats coming in from the mains is too cold and your shower is not powerful enough to heat it up, they work by slowing the flow down to make the water hotter, my aadvise would be to check the power output of the shower, really you need about a 12KW shower

I'd take a guess at air from the vent pipe being drawn into the pump.

The shower does not heat the water.Try and run it without the shower head on , and with the hose in the bath/shower tray until you have a constant steady flow on the hot. If it really is a trickle don't run for more than a few seconds , dry running the pump is a bad thing.You could also google surrey flange and see if the hot water cylinder has one

Archived