The borrowers (neighbours!)

Remember once my neighbour calling round to borrow our step ladders again, I had to tell him he already had them, - apparently his wife had lent them to a friend of hers.

We did get them back eventually, - after much nagging :D

One thing I really can't abide - people lending things that aren't theirs to lend. If I lend an item to someone, I expect it to stay in their possession until they return it to me, not for them to pass it on to someone I don't even know. Anyone does that, they never get to borrow anything from me again.

My neighbour just before christmas came and asked me if i had any milk he could borrow, he had a cup in hand so i presumed thats all he wanted, a cup full, anyway, i said yes, he said are you sure, you wont run out will you? So, like an idiot i said no, ive got about 6 pints, to which he said, oh, cold i have your 4 pint then, so kids can have milk before bed? Me being me i said yes, he said he would get me another for the morning, still waiting :mad:. I now know not to lend him anything anymore.

Archived