Anyone had swine flu this time?

The full critical care units in the hospitals around the country beg to differ.

The figures are no higher than in any other year since 1972, they have merely peaked earlier because the adverse climatic conditions have occurred earlier.

I do wish people would actually take the effort to understand the situation before slavishly following the exaggerated rantings of a ratings-driven, sensationalist media.

The figures are no higher than in any other year since 1972, they have merely peaked earlier because the adverse climatic conditions have occurred earlier.

I do wish people would actually take the effort to understand the situation before slavishly following the exaggerated rantings of a ratings-driven, sensationalist media.

I'm not judging anything by media speculation, personally I've never known entire critical care units to be full with flu cases for such a long time with so many young patients.

i dont know, but what i do know is i got "cold" and all christmass i cant shift this cough, im on lemsips, lockets, soothers and cough medicine and still struggling to shift it, its the worst cough ive ever had.

eldest was laid up for about 4 days before christmass with the shivers etc

there was a rumour that half the youngests school was off just before christmass with flu and swine flu was rumoured

there's quite a nasty virus going around. I've been ill since 14th December. I had a chest infection just before xmas for which I had AB's but I still can't shift the cough, and I still feel rubbish. I don't have any respiratory conditions, but it's a doozy!

I had it 18 months ago and it was horrible, including serious breathing problems for almost 2 months and a number of courses of antibiotics to get my lungs working properly again. My asthma has also never recovered fully since then and the medication needed to control my normal symptoms has doubled and shows no sign of lessening over time so I have to assume that the damage to my lungs is permanent :(

Because of all of the radiotherapy I've had and the asthma I also have a flu jab, so I've been vaccinated against the H1N1 too and I'm hoping that it's not going to get me again.

I currently have the nasty lurgy which is going round, the one with the really bad cough, and I've had it for a fortnight so far. It's nasty, but it's not a patch on how much swine flu or standard flu (had that 10 years ago) wipe you out.

I had it 18 months ago and it was horrible, including serious breathing problems for almost 2 months and a number of courses of antibiotics to get my lungs working properly again. My asthma has also never recovered fully since then and the medication needed to control my normal symptoms has doubled and shows no sign of lessening over time so I have to assume that the damage to my lungs is permanent :(

Because of all of the radiotherapy I've had and the asthma I also have a flu jab, so I've been vaccinated against the H1N1 too and I'm hoping that it's not going to get me again.

I currently have the nasty lurgy which is going round, the one with the really bad cough, and I've had it for a fortnight so far. It's nasty, but it's not a patch on how much swine flu or standard flu (had that 10 years ago) wipe you out.

I had a chest infection llast year that worsened my asthma too - am vaccinated, but don't fancy the flu - folk without respiratory probs don't understand I think - have you tried symbicort?

Archived