Sheffield blitz- shiregreen/brightside

juanitapepit

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone can help me out- i'm doing a bit of research on the blitz in Sheffield, and I am trying to get in contact with anyone from the brightside/shiregreen area who may have been around at the time and remembers the bombings in sheffield....or anyone whose parents/grandparents were around.

thanks!!:)

Could do with the Zepelin to fly over wincobank now and drop a few bombs. The parked cars in that area are a real nusaince when your trying to get to Meadowhall

I dont really think the above comment is appropriate as people died in the attacks indeed the memorial for some of the victims can still be seen in effingham road.

Try the book, Sheffields Date With Hitler!! Shows you map of sheffield and places where the blitz bombs dropped as well as many photos of shefield from that time!!

The map doesnt really go that far out it doesnt even reach Upwell St so wincobank isnt covered .

Where the Remploy place is on brightside lane is about the edge of the map

thanks for your help guys! i'll check that stuff out. I was hoping I might get to meet/speak to someone who was actually there/remembers it. If you know of anyone I could get in touch with, that would be great! x

the site i listed has contact details get in touch with them .go along to one of their meetings and i think you will find out some info there

Could do with the Zepelin to fly over wincobank now and drop a few bombs. The parked cars in that area are a real nusaince when your trying to get to Meadowhall

Haha. Most of the cars parked around wincobank stupidly (like in the dip on tyler street) are BECAUSE of pratts like you who so loves to flock to meadowhall to get a pound off Primark tat.

I have to say its so much fun trying to get to the doctors/supermarket and having to queue with 1000's of cars all fighting to get to the sales. A five minute journey turning into two hours of hell.

Archived