Terrorists were trying to bomb corrie

because is it right they make stories up?
No, but take it with a pinch of salt.

is it right that people may go around thinking these stories are the gospel?
If people take it as gospel they're already not right in the head. The fictional and far fetched story is possibly less disturbing than what was really planned by those arrested, it's no worse than perhaps reading that Christmas shoppers were planned to be blown up, for example.

Why do you care so much what The Sun writes then?

You should.

The Sun is read by a lot of people. While very few have a working brain, they do have a vote and loonies like the BNP are likely to get that vote while such stories are being printed.

If anyone can cite an extremist right wing, nationalist, racist government that hasn't totally destroyed the country they were in charge of, I'd love to be educated.

Totally agree with upinwath

The fact is that this was a front page story - the main news of the day for that paper, and it was a complete lie. Not a mistake, but a total fabrication.

Not only that but it was a lie designed to feed into anti Muslim feeling and stir up tensions.

The apology will not be a front page splash, and most people will not see it, and so the damage is already done.

If anyone can cite an extremist right wing, nationalist, racist government that hasn't totally destroyed the country they were in charge of, I'd love to be educated.

I've heard on here that the Taliban were a good government, I disagree, but many will defend them and the right to slate them!

Archived