Terrorists were trying to bomb corrie

I've heard on here that the Taliban were a good government, I disagree, but many will defend them and the right to slate them!

The right to defend, slate or voice an opinion is a lot different from printing an outright lie by one of the UK's national papers. Not only a lie but a fabricated one at that. Nothing justifies that whether your left, right or middle.

I've heard on here that the Taliban were a good government, I disagree, but many will defend them and the right to slate them!

My point exactly. Extremist governments always destroy their own country and make life pretty crap for their own people.

The BNP are the Taliban of the UK but with more terrorist convictions in this country than Muslim extremists have.

I'll be first in line to tell the world the Taliban are a bunch of idiot Bar stewards but that's no excuse for the Sun to print made up crap.

The right to defend, slate or voice an opinion is a lot different from printing an outright lie by one of the UK's national papers. Not only a lie but a fabricated one at that. Nothing justifies that whether your left, right or middle.

I was responding to a specific comment not the OP!

As to the OP and what you just said, absolutely, there needs to be evidence of events before they are published. Who knows how the story started, it may even turn out Corrie was a suggested target in a conversation, I don't know either way, I doubt you know any better! Whichever way, the media can be unbelievably irresponsible at times, but so can forum users who believe their thoughts are more important than proved facts!

:hihi::hihi::hihi: and the government tell the truth :huh:you read whatever you like and make your own mind up about it ? get over it

I was responding to a specific comment not the OP!

As to the OP and what you just said, absolutely, there needs to be evidence of events before they are published. Who knows how the story started, it may even turn out Corrie was a suggested target in a conversation, I don't know either way, I doubt you know any better! Whichever way, the media can be unbelievably irresponsible at times, but so can forum users who believe their thoughts are more important than proved facts!

I was replying to your specific comment, also taking into consideration the context of the OP.

It's ego and arrogance that seems to be more important than "thoughts/facts"...One could say your above statement is an example of that? Proven facts can become diddly squat on this forum especially when Ostrich mode is the preference. Same goes for the SUN. I'm aware that dark forces exist...just not to the point that the Sun and Sun following forum members make out.

The point i'm making is bigots, haters, racists don't need an excuse such as terrorism/homosexuality etc to vent...they just hate anything that doesn't fit with their very limited narrow view and will invent something anyway rather than say "I hate Blacks" or whatever.

It's a dangerous time when our nationals have to quite literally fabricate a lie to make a story, and far more dangerous than a bomber on a bus...don't you think?

'You and I met last night and you told me you were going to rape your mates wife because you wanted her so badly'. That would be a lie...but I could persist putting you as an innocent right in the firing line because some would just love to believe it.

The Sun has been forced to admit they lied, made it up and they are a bunch of <removed>.

Maybe there's a case for making papers publish any apologies in the same manner as the original story lie was printed (same sized titles etc, on the same page)? That way they may think before committing such lies to print. At least they wouldn't be able to hide any apology away on page two.

:hihi::hihi::hihi: and the government tell the truth :huh:you read whatever you like and make your own mind up about it ? get over it

Of course the government lies..but do you honestly believe that the majority of the people take preference over the government to the detriment of the tabs? It's the press we look to for truth..or at least any semblance of it, not politicians.

Of course the government lies..but do you honestly believe that the majority of the people take preference over the government to the detriment of the tabs? It's the press we look to for truth..or at least any semblance of it, not politicians.
what are you talking about you look to the press for the truth are you mad ?i stopped believing the press when the daily sport revealed there was a london bus on the moon (with pics):hihi::hihi::hihi:

Archived