How much would car insurance have to go up by - before you drive uninsured?

Things started to move in the right direction when police were given the power to seize uninsured cars, and crush them if the documents weren't in order within a reasonable time.

It was a start. I think it is time that the police were given cash from an insurance levy to do more sweeps and rid the roads of these parasites.

I can't see why anyone would object to such a scheme other than uninsured drivers. Even the insurance industry stands to gain by reduced payouts which should outweigh any cost of implementing the procedures.

Things started to move in the right direction when police were given the power to seize uninsured cars, and crush them if the documents weren't in order within a reasonable time.

It was a start. I think it is time that the police were given cash from an insurance levy to do more sweeps and rid the roads of these parasites.

I can't see why anyone would object to such a scheme other than uninsured drivers. Even the insurance industry stands to gain by reduced payouts which should outweigh any cost of implementing the procedures.

I'm insured and I'd strongly object. It may make sense to confiscate cars from uninsured drivers but crushing them is as environmetally irresponsible and wasteful as the dishonest 'scrappage scheme'.

I'm insured and I'd strongly object. It may make sense to confiscate cars from uninsured drivers but crushing them is as environmetally irresponsible and wasteful as the dishonest 'scrappage scheme'.

Completely agree! This is my main problem with crushing the cars too. The government should sell them and use the money to pay of some of our debt: economically and environmentally sensible!

Archived