How much would car insurance have to go up by - before you drive uninsured?

So 90% of the people on this thread, will continue to pay insurance, regardless of how much the premiums will increase?

I'll ask the question another way - what percentage of your anual net income are you prepared to pay, simply for legalised theft/car imsurance?

Obviously the vast majority of people are not scum bag criminals and are willing to carry on driving their vehicles legally and fully insured.

So of someone gets a job role, where public transport is simply not an option that makes then an "I want it all" person does it?

I owned a car at 17, and some of the job roles I took I had to use a car, simply because there were no buses

No amount of excuses means you can break the law, didn’t your dad teach you how to ride a bike or if a car really is a must then there is plenty of models with 1.2 Ltr engines or less.

This firm http://www.coverbox.co.uk/young_drivers.php work out your premiums from the amount of mileage you do. The more you drive the more it costs. They track your miles via a "black box" this also doubles as a tracker so you have less to pay due to the increased security.

Good idea if you ask me.

But its the idiots that drive without insurance, tax, mot etc that push our premiums up.

So if he/she uses their parents car, then what car will the parent drive if the youth has used their car?

In some instances, a car is essential. If a 17 year old was to get a job in a factory, and work funny shifts, punlic transport is not an option, simply because it does not operate to meet the needs of some shift workers.

For some young people who choose to work, a car is a necesity.

They also choose what car to buy, a small car with a tiny engine will cost much less to insure for a 17 year old than something bigger and faster.

All drivers are insured even those that are not insured, ime not sure of the figures but so much out of every £ goes into a pot that is why in part insurance is going up because the said pot is for paying out for injuries caused by uninsured drivers so you should have been given substantial compensation for your extremely serious injuries? did you not claim.

No you are wrong. If you don't pay for insurance you are uninsured, simple.

If an insured driver is hit by an uninsured driver, he or she will have to claim against their own policy, if they are fully comp.

Maybe if insurers were quicker at dealing with claims the premiums wouldn't be so expensive? Someone hit me last year. He was to blame. His insurers Churchill did nothing to help me so I had to take on a solicitor to deal with it.

They'll still have to pay out the same at the end, but there will be a solicitors bill of a few thousand they'll - sorry YOU Churchill insurance users - will have to pay.

If an insured driver is hit by an uninsured driver, he or she will have to claim against their own policy, if they are fully comp.

Would the case not be taken on by the MIB (motor insurance bureau) although it takes longer to pay up they do eventually pay.

http://www.mib.org.uk/Frequently+Asked+Questions/en/Default.htm

If i have read this right it confirms my comment.

1/ yes you are right

2/ no you are wrong

who do pedestrians claim off

Archived