Idiots who can't take their drink.

Aw im feeling sorry for the severed arm man now, i must admit when i first looked at this thread and saw the bit about him being bare chested with shirt wrapped around arm, i <REMOVED> myself (thats the front and back soiled now)

However some people do get their drink spiked and if the lads relitive claims he is of normal good character then im sure she wouldnt bother explaining his actions on here, unless she really thought it to be true, she knows him better than the Op.

Lets wish him well after his operation.

I wish him well.

That 'someone spiked my drink' routine must be one of the most overworked and pathetic excuses going.

It's my belief that at least seven times out of ten it's utter rubbish and it's someone who is quite simply very, very drunk.

More like 9.9! The old 'he is a caring family man and this incident was completetly out of character' line must be the most used statement in the Magistrates Court every Monday morning.

We went out on west st last night and found it to be no busier than a normal saturday night, which was very surprising considering it was nye!

I'm not surprised actually, just about everyone I know said they were avoiding town. I guess if everyone has the same mentality then it'd be really quiet. Did bars still charge to get in?

Isnt this just a normal weekend night in town thesedays. It dont matter what time of year it is there is always someone that cant handle their drink.

Not at all, I've been going out round town for the past 10 years. For the passed year and a half I've lived in town and can count the number of "fights" I've seen on one hand. It's generally a friendly place to be, and personally I find suburban pubs to be much more intimidating than a Saturday night in The Forum.

Oh i do love how people jump to the comnclusion that this person was some sort of crackpot idiot or he couldn't take his drink.

Well i am that very persons auntie, and i can tell you all ''Yes'' he has severed all the tendons in his hand and came out of theatre just half hour ago...my nephew is a very mild and well mannerd young man, and i do not condone what he did, but i can say with hand on heart that he did not know what he was doing. Some ''Idiot Crackpot'' had spiked his drink, even his own mother said she didn't know her own son when she had arrived at the hospital.

I also want to point out that he only goes out two or three times a year as he has a young family himself.

Can I just say that I definitely had my drinks spiked in The Empire bar on Christmas Eve a few years ago, so it does happen.

Can I also say that it didn't make me punch a hole in a window, in fact it didn't make me in the least bit more violent.

I'm guessing that's an underlying problem your nephew has.

I haven't been spiked myself but i did pick up the wrong drink when coming back from having a cig, if anything it improved my night, mind bending it was. My own fault really for being so drunk in the first place i didn't realise i'd bought a pint of cider and not lager.

Can I just say that I definitely had my drinks spiked in The Empire bar on Christmas Eve a few years ago, so it does happen.

Can I also say that it didn't make me punch a hole in a window, in fact it didn't make me in the least bit more violent.

I'm guessing that's an underlying problem your nephew has.

Well i'm guessing it's like alcohol, maybe you can go either way.....The landlord of the Philidelphia (where it happened) knows my nephew well as he is a good friend of my nephews father in law, and he has also stated that it was out of character for him. He does not have ANY underlying problems, he hasn't got a violent bone in his body.

Aw im feeling sorry for the severed arm man now, i must admit when i first looked at this thread and saw the bit about him being bare chested with shirt wrapped around arm, i <REMOVED> myself (thats the front and back soiled now)

However some people do get their drink spiked and if the lads relitive claims he is of normal good character then im sure she wouldnt bother explaining his actions on here, unless she really thought it to be true, she knows him better than the Op.

Lets wish him well after his operation.

I wish him well.

Thank you for your post :) .... He is doing well and is back home with his family. He does feel really bad for the distress and of course the damage he has caused. He will be meeting with the landlord himself shortly to sort things out with him, as the landlord knows my nephew he was just concerned about his injuries and him getting well......thanks again for your lovely post.

My sister had her non-alcoholic drink spiked in Greece she collapsed as it was some sort of sedative and had to go to hospital for two days. Luckily her friends knew it was not drunk as she did not drink alcohol at the time and got her to hospital asap.

It does happen and this was over 15 years ago. I don't think there are that many drugs that make you aggressive but I guess if you were spiked with a hallucinatory type drug and did not know it would be quite frightening.

Archived