Is SF more strict than it used to be?

As i've said, I cannot comment on threads that I haven't personally dealt with. But we all follow the same rules of moderation.
Of course, but a little light hearted humour never hurt anyone, so I fail to see why the mod in question decided such a comment would offend certain members or warrent post deletion simply because certain members can't take a joke. The comments made by certain members regarding what they would do to the wheely bin lady were far more potent than the joke I made. I sometimes feel it's a case of- 'if your face fits' to some mods.

You also claim to know an awful lot about the moderating of the forum for someone who only registered last night clownaround. Is there something that you ought to be consulting the admin team about at the Helpdesk, I wonder?

Oooh! you should be on the "I Spy" thread :suspect:, good catch :D

Of course, but a little light hearted humour never hurt anyone, so I fail to see why the mod in question decided such a comment would offend certain members or warrent post deletion simply because certain members can't take a joke. The comments made by certain members regarding what they would do to the wheely bin lady were far more potent than the joke I made. I sometimes feel it's a case of- 'if your face fits' to some mods.

As somebody has already explained, the Groups are run and moderated by the Group Leaders, not the Mod team.

And do you really think it likely that a Group run by and for animal lovers is going to be amused by that sort of comment?

your idea of light hearted may not be the same as everyone else's

As somebody has already explained, the Groups are run and moderated by the Group Leaders, not the Mod team.

And do you really think it likely that a Group run by and for animal lovers is going to be amused by that sort of comment?

It was a joke Dozy. Do you personally feel that my comment was offensive?

It was a joke Dozy. Do you personally feel that my comment was offensive?

The Group Leaders obviously thought it wasn't a joke, or that it was offensive, or it wouldn't have been removed. You'd be much better asking them about it as no one here can help you get an answer.

The Group Leaders obviously thought it wasn't a joke, or that it was offensive, or it wouldn't have been removed. You'd be much better asking them about it as no one here can help you get an answer.
It's water under the bridge now GazE. That section and it's members aren't worth the trouble. We'll draw a line under it.

Archived