Is SF more strict than it used to be?

SF is getting bigger and therefore has a higher web presence than ever before. If I look in the forum recycle bin the vast majority of threads in there are commercial spam which users very rarely see. The spam to real posts ratio has definitely increased over the last couple of years and would skew whatever figures we could find so much that I'm not sure that whatever figures we could find would be of any use.

I think that's probably the key point. It's annoying when a thread you're posting on gets deleted/locked rather than selectively pruned but I'd rather have that then the forum rendered unusable by endless commercial spam and I'd rather the mods deal with that that hand carve every 300 post thread if they only have time to do 1.

TBH commercial spam isn't something I've really been aware of on here (certainly compared to other forums) so you guys are doing a great job of getting rid of it before it becomes a user problem. :)

Why bother with "Users shall be solely liable for any damage resulting from any infringement of copyrights, proprietary rights, or any other harm resulting from such a submission and agree to indemnify us and keep us indemnified against any damage, harm or loss resulting from such a submission." in the T&Cs then?:hihi::D.

Presumably because the forum is moderated in arrears as it were, so a post which breaks the rules- say a libelous one would be available for period of time prior to deletion, and depending when archive sites and google crawl the site may be visible in cached form on other sites even after deletion. So it makes sense to ensure that the user and not the site assumes legal responsibility for the content of their posts and not the owners.

Why the confused face? You asked a question, I found the information and posted it for you. I'm pretty certain I posted the info before you posted that you'd got it :).

I have seen people banned for things that are not mentioned there that is all. If there are other reasons why people can be banned I think we should know about them so as we can avoid them. It would save a lot of trouble and might make your job easier?

To be forewarned is to be forearmed as they say.

Archived