Is SF more strict than it used to be?

This is an example of what I mean. Apparently it is against forum rules to reveal a persons real name unless they disclose it themselves, but I cannot find it for love or money.

Users agree to use this site for lawful purposes only. Users shall not post or transmit through this site any material which violates or infringes in any way upon the rights of others, which is unlawful, threatening, abusive, defamatory, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, confidential, vulgar, obscene, profane or otherwise objectionable, which encourages conduct that would constitute a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability or otherwise violate any law.

Users agree to use this site for lawful purposes only. Users shall not post or transmit through this site any material which violates or infringes in any way upon the rights of others, which is unlawful, threatening, abusive, defamatory, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, confidential, vulgar, obscene, profane or otherwise objectionable, which encourages conduct that would constitute a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability or otherwise violate any law.

Some people get away with it and others don't.

As stated previously, if it isn't reported, we don't see it, which is why some posts that seemingly break rules might remain on the forum.

Understood.

Just suggesting they aren't all that clear and in semi legal form and perhaps open to interpretation.

This is an example of what I mean. Apparently it is against forum rules to reveal a persons real name unless they disclose it themselves, but I cannot find it for love or money.

The user said that with them, you got what you saw. Her avatar is a picture of Raquel Welch. I said 'Hi Raquel'.

Do keep up! :)

The thing that really interests me is why the moderators do it? What's in it? I would have thought it's a pretty thankless task being a moderator.

So, does any moderator want to reply? I would be interested to know why you want to be a moderator as it must be very time consuming and probably takes away a lot of the enjoyment of participating in the forum.

Archived