Is SF more strict than it used to be?

Why not have a stab at doing so and submit it to the mods as a suggestion?

To be fair trying to come up with a completely plain english set of t's and c's for a forum which covers everything from the merits of a particular takeaway to an escaped gerbil to ongoing murder investigations to what peoples favoutire colour is would not be easy.

A lot of forums do have a "sticky" read this before posting plain english guide with a link to the detailed legal t's and c's - I'm sure people would appreciate it if you could come up with one which covered the legal points in a very clear manner. :)

This has gone further than I meant it to, but at least you understand what I mean by a plain English guide. Thanks.

Think I will leave it to the experts though, I'm bound to do something wrong. :D

Just because I haven't been in for a while, why has the "What role should religion play in the 21st century?" thread been closed?

Too much Grahame bashing again?

C'mon people!

This is the reason.

Honestly, people moan that the Mod Team don't explain things... and they don't bother to read them when they do. :)

I agreed to do my bit because I've enjoyed using the forum and saw it as a way of giving a bit back. The forum won't work without a mod team, so when I was asked, I said yes. Medusa is quite persuasive too.

It is interesting as well, but really frustrating at times. I particularly dislike the fact that some posters think that I should rein in my opinions just because I'm an Assistant Mod. From that point of view, it does take away the fun of contributing, but those posters are few and far between ( and usually Barty :cool:)

Thanks for the reply. You seem to have your head screwed on the right way as do several other moderators, but there are some other moderators who view their position as one of authority rather than responsibility, which is really the wrong way round.

Moderating SF is not something I would ever consider doing, but then I would never be asked as I'm definitely not the right type for the job.

I'd consider being a Mod, but since it means leaving the house and meeting real people i'll defer.

Quite the opposite Spooky. I now sit in a darkened room peering at my monitor for 23 hours a day.

The thing that really interests me is why the moderators do it? What's in it? I would have thought it's a pretty thankless task being a moderator.

So, does any moderator want to reply? I would be interested to know why you want to be a moderator as it must be very time consuming and probably takes away a lot of the enjoyment of participating in the forum.

I don't view it as a thankless task. Before I was invited to the mod team I too, sometimes, became rather pigged off with users thread spoiling whether they were arguing or insulting each other, just generally sending the threads way off topic.

Now I can give something back to the forum, help those new users who need a hand finding their way around and so on. It's not all about warning those who choose to spoil things and deleting threads and posts that don't belong.

I will admit to not participating in the forum quite as much as I used to as I tend to check through reports etc before doing anything else. I do read the forum a lot more than I post on it at present.

Quite the opposite Spooky. I now sit in a darkened room peering at my monitor for 23 hours a day.

I don't think i've met any of the mod team as yet in person. They probably know enough about me with having putting up with me on here :hihi:.

Archived