Is SF more strict than it used to be?

That's right.

None of this is a secret.

Nice to know. Thanks for the confirmation.

To get back to what I said originally about a charity. Oxfam is a business but is a charity in as much as it has a charitable function which is manned by volunteers and is free to the end users. I stand by what I said.

If I said Asda delivery service was late or delivered the wrong order what are they going to sue me for ……… that’s not naming and shaming ………… now if I said sue on counter 3 is useless or fiddling the till ( apologies to anyone called sue that works on Asda tills) then that would be a different matter.

It is though isn't it. We can criticise the service at some businesses, Asda in this example, or criticise a brand of equipment or specific item. But other areas get special protection, a particular night club in Sheffield that had a reputation for a drug problem some years ago was never allowed to be mentioned... Double standards.

It is though isn't it. We can criticise the service at some businesses, Asda in this example, or criticise a brand of equipment or specific item. But other areas get special protection, a particular night club in Sheffield that had a reputation for a drug problem some years ago was never allowed to be mentioned... Double standards.

I think the difference there Cyclone is that one thing is shoddy service and the other is actually a legal thing, re drugs in the nightclub.

maybe wrong

That could be why SF is more strict than it used to be, due to not wishing to offend the advertisers.

I think the difference there Cyclone is that one thing is shoddy service and the other is actually a legal thing, re drugs in the nightclub.

maybe wrong

I think it was down to the nightclub making legal threats.

But the fact is that you, me and every other poster is responsible for what we post, not the forum.

I think it was down to the nightclub making legal threats.

But the fact is that you, me and every other poster is responsible for what we post, not the forum.

I agree with what your saying, but I suppose its like a newspaper, if something is wrote in the newspaper, then it is the paper thats taken to court, not the journalist, erm I think

Just thinking back to the other day, a thread was started naming the landlord as being arrested for the murder of that woman, and the thread title was immediately changed to say 65 year old man, I couldnt understand that as all the news programs at the time actually named him :huh:

Archived