Condensation in my car

A head gaskets purpose is to avoid leakage of coolant or engine oil into the cylinders. You can get water on the engine from splashing in puddles, rain water running in to the engine bay and so on, so the warm moist air could get in to the car at any time, old or new.

The pollen filter seems more logical if there are not leaks. Also as others have said, damp carpets.

grit salt trampled into the mats can attract moisture and cause problems too

if you use a moisture trap, stand it in a washing up bowl to make it easy to empty without spilling caustic water somewhere you don't want it

could it just be that your journeys are all so short the car isn't drying out properly after the wet weather?

haha head gasket haha

try changing your pollen filter like i did on my astra £5 ish and 2 minutes to fit and problems solved

hahahahahahaha head gasket hahahahahahahahahaha

grit salt trampled into the mats can attract moisture and cause problems too

if you use a moisture trap, stand it in a washing up bowl to make it easy to empty without spilling caustic water somewhere you don't want it

could it just be that your journeys are all so short the car isn't drying out properly after the wet weather?

:thumbsup: seems about right.

Only sharing personal experience. If I had checked it earlier then i may still have the car.

Dosent take much to have it checked if all the obvious dosent work.

Please let us know the outcome.

Mine was a mk 3 astra.

Plus when the head gasket goes the temperature gauge rockets.

Archived