Things to do places to go....

beansforyou

That don't involve drinking...?

I was wondering if anyone could throw a few idea's my way for nights out in Sheffield, that don't revolve around food or beer :)

We go to the Cinema quite a bit but what else is there in this vast metropolis entertainment wise that doesn't involve the boozer? (Theatre I know)

And I'm getting too fat from just going to nice restaurants :blush:

I had the same problem at the weekend. Feeling a little hungover, I tried to think of things to do that didnt involve food, drink or cinema's (after watching 3 films back to back already that morning)...so other than the obvious idea..how can there be nothing to do with my girlfriend in the 4th largest city in England?

bowling is no fun with just 2 people, and the only other alternative is 'clothes shopping'...

If I wasnt with the little lady, i'd be slumped in a chair in a pub somewhere...but its not really the height of romance is it? unless you're from Liverpool:hihi:

Is there a crazy golf course in sheffield?

we'd go to Alton Towers, but it costs a Third World defecit to get in, and then enough money to over throw a government to eat b*stardised cow-knuckle burgers once you're in...

i think I need to go and sit in the pub and have a think about this....

so, the question remains...what DO people do in sheffield at the weekend?:confused:

Dancing? Loads of different styles taught in Sheff I think, and it's a good laugh, even if you're rubbish (no, particularly if you're rubbish)! Usually costs about a fiver or so for a couple of hours. Go on your own or with partner/mates.

Have a look in the Star as well, their listings page sometimes has some weird and wonderful talks, groups, etc. Not all are going to be to your taste, but something might tickle your fancy.

Archived