Salsa in Sheffield

Originally posted by moongarden

anyone know of any good salsa classes in chesterfield or sheffield?

any info greatfully received!

Hi Moongarden.

There's quite a few places you can go in Sheffield ...

As JBee says ... http://www.atasteofsalsa.co.uk ... is a good place to look and has a section with info on local classes. There are also lessons / social dancing at the forum every Tuesday night (beginners lesson at 7.30). Maybe a good idea to try a few out a few places and see what works for you ... or even go to more than one class a week !!

Good Luck :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :banana:

[edit]

Oh, in Chesterfield, there's a class on Monday nights run by Lee Hunter, website here ...

Moongarden - I've been wanting to start going to a salsa class, and I was thinking of going to the Tuesday one at the Forum on Division Street. If you'd like, we could maybe join forces and go along together the first time - I don't know about you but I find it a bit daunting going along on my own and being the only beginner when other people know what they're doing!! Or maybe it's just me...

Anyway, if you want to then let me know, if not then that's cool, have fun with whatever class you decide to go to!

Originally posted by starr

Moongarden - I've been wanting to start going to a salsa class, and I was thinking of going to the Tuesday one at the Forum on Division Street. If you'd like, we could maybe join forces and go along together the first time - I don't know about you but I find it a bit daunting going along on my own and being the only beginner when other people know what they're doing!! Or maybe it's just me...

Anyway, if you want to then let me know, if not then that's cool, have fun with whatever class you decide to go to!

Hi Starr (and Moongarden),

There's already a salsa meet being organised, basically, a lot of salsa novices (from here) going to the forum on a Tuseday.

Feel free to join in (if you like) ...

http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=28365

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by carmina

Hi I would love to start salsa but am a complete beginner and it would have to be either a Thursday, Friday or Saturday...any ideas? I looked on that Salsa website but can't find anything on those days for beginners

Hi Carmina,

There's not much happening on Fridays on the Sheffield salsa scene ... but ...

There is a class on Thursday's at the polish club on Ecclesall road (just across from nonna's). Beginners class @ 7.30.

There are classs on Saturday afternoons at cubana on trippet lane. Beginners 1.30pm. Improvers 2.45pm. Advanced 4.00pm.

Both are pretty good, and if you can, I'd suggest you try them both. Good luck!

Archived