Anyone noticing Luckies?

Sam @ Dearne

Anyone else notice that Lucky Strike seems to be popping up in Sheffield. I got quite attached to it years ago when I spent a few years in Germany.

I noticed it in Forum and Halcyon as I couldn't get Marlboro's anymore.

Not sure if mullets will transfer over here as well, unless some of you know differently ???

SlinkyMinky

Yeah, heard about this - it's all part of tobacco companies' campaign to beat the ban on tobacco advertising.

apparenty lucky strike (or owners BAR) are actually paying pub landlords to stock their fags.

it all adds up, cos there's one pub in sheff which has a ton of lucky strikes behind the bar but doesn't actually sell them. if you ask to buy a packet, they tell you the fags are for staff only.

that makes two pubs then.

dunno exactly why they don't sell them (licensing perhaps or contracts with the vending machine suppliers) but, like i said, the reason they're there is as an alternative marketing device now that fag ads are banned.

Archived