Walkley cottage

tinatry

Thought I would update this thread a little.

Just been for our second meal at the cottage since the new team took over recently and must say the food is spot on.

It's all cooked in house and good value too, the home made chips are some of the best I've ever had.

Highly recommended.

PS Can also say the real ale is spot on, when we went in today they had Doom Bar, Bombardier, Easy Rider and John Smiths Cask.

Well done to the new team there, we really enjoyed our evening out.

That's the news I like. I may wander over this weekend.

• 4 weeks later...

Just wanted to give this pub a mention for all the right reasons. We went in for Sunday lunch yesterday for the first time since it changed hands and were really impressed by how well the staff looked after us, and in particular our son. We were made to feel very welcome, and the food was great value.

If only every establishment had customer service like this! We will definitely be going back again.

• 1 year later...
What's this place like these days?

Seems to still be open anyway, which is an achievement in Walkley these days.

I tend to go in to the Blake, Closed Shop, Hallamshire end these days but me and the misses were in the Cottage last Friday and it was pretty busy.

The food looks to be as good value so I think a trip for Sunday dinner is on the cards soon. Looks like you might need to book in advance for a Sunday table

Staff as friendly as ever and decent Abbeydale pint.

The Walkley Cottage has been on the up since Alan Ward took over, he probably keeps the best beer I have tasted, the atmosphere is friendly and welcoming with a mixture of all ages. The food is excellent and of 5 star quality.

The Sunday dinner is tasty and good value. It is a good idea to book, as it does get busy but there are plenty of tables.

The staff are to say the least efficient and friendly.

The Walkley Cottage has been on the up since Alan Ward took over, he probably keeps the best beer I have tasted, the atmosphere is friendly and welcoming with a mixture of all ages. The food is excellent and of 5 star quality.

The Sunday dinner is tasty and good value. It is a good idea to book, as it does get busy but there are plenty of tables.

The staff are to say the least efficient and friendly.

Agree with this. The food is nothing fancy, but decent quality, reasonably priced (the pies in particular are recommended if you have a large appetite!). There's a couple of decent beers on and the staff are always friendly and welcoming. Think they have a quiz night with free sandwiches, but can't remember which night. Would definitely book on a Sunday lunchtime.

We used to frequent the Walkley Cottage when Sandra was there, but then for some reason it fell off. Went with my friend for lunch last week & it was beautiful. Homemade. Fresh. Hot. Need to try Sunday Lunch next.Staff very friendly too.

Archived