Jobs in Sheffield?

Counter-intuitive, but I'm registered on http://jobs.scotsman.com/ which contrary to it's name does jobs UK-wide (and occasional weird Iraq, Afghanistan "pay no tax!!!" jobs). You can store several pre-written covering letters and different CVs and set up several search options and get emailed daily lists of jobs that match.

Don't know how good it is for actually getting a job, I've applied for 350 since May with no success.

try meadowhall if you dont mind working in busy shops, always jobs going there.

Not necesserily, as i was out of work for 9 months, called upong my mates who are managers at several big name shops in meadowhall and couldnt offer me a job, even with 5 years experience behind me- there just wasnt ant jobs available, and the jobs that were , i found were usually no more than 8 and 16 hours, when i was wanting full time.

its about who you know nowadays!

Not necesserily, as i was out of work for 9 months, called upong my mates who are managers at several big name shops in meadowhall and couldnt offer me a job, even with 5 years experience behind me- there just wasnt ant jobs available, and the jobs that were , i found were usually no more than 8 and 16 hours, when i was wanting full time.

its about who you know nowadays!

I checked the meadowhall website, not much going on there, your right.

Theres 11 jobs. You only need 1.

Many of them are 8 and 10 hours a week, not viable for alot of people who are better off on the dole moneywise then take a job for little hours- one of the jobs is for manager at 40 hours- not many people will have the experience.

From what happens at my company and many more from what I understand most jobs start with working through an agency, the are a a couple of agency's in Rotherham that also cover Sheffield jobs, might be worth having a look and getting on the books

Archived