Speed camera warners can be prosecuted.

Aren't the locations published in the press anyway? :suspect:

This was one of the points raised. Also most Sat-Nav gives you the locations of cameras. Maybe this will now have to stop as technically I believe it would be classed as obstructing a police officer. Then again maybe that can only apply when it's a real police officer and not just a camera.

Don't flash your lights then!!!!!!

Have a look in the highway code.................

Find the hand signal that denotes you are slowing down.........

USE IT instead of flashing your lights.....unless a plod is in front of you theres no way it could be seen from the scammera vehicle.

If you don't want to look up the highway code a thumbs down sign works just as well:D:D

Dont the police say that if people slow down at speed cameras, and they dont catch anyone, they are happy because people are slowing down and driving more safely..

so this guy is helping them to achieve that...whats the problem..?

I always flash oncoming traffic to warn of a police camera, i would hate to sit by and watch someone take a £60 fine and get three points on their license...

I would never alert a speeding driver to the risk of detection, they deserve a fine and points for being reckless, anti-social criminals.

Speeding is never a victimless crime, it bullies and intimidates people, is noisier and is breaking the law.

what a load of tosh.....

You can easily get caught going slightly over the speed limit, it dosnt mean you are reckless or antisocial:suspect:

and how the hell can it be classed as bullying and intimidating..?:suspect:

what a load of tosh.....

You can easily get caught going slightly over the speed limit, :

No, you can't, ACPO guidelines are 10% plus 2mph at all speed limits.

When drivers break the law and speed past me at illegal speeds I find it bullying and intimidating.

Don't flash your lights then!!!!!!

Have a look in the highway code.................

Find the hand signal that denotes you are slowing down.........

USE IT instead of flashing your lights.....unless a plod is in front of you theres no way it could be seen from the scammera vehicle.

If you don't want to look up the highway code a thumbs down sign works just as well:D:D

This method also means you may have the added advantage of scutching a passing cyclist.:hihi:

Archived