Speed camera warners can be prosecuted.

6000 cameras cover the UK.

To replace them all with coppers would mean 24,000 extra police officers.

The cost would be extortionate.

Cameras save time and money and free up police officers to catch other idiot drivers.

BUT cameras only pick up drivers creeping over the speed limit , not dangerous drivers ,drunk drivers , etc ,etc .

Speed traps dont have the ability to use common sense ,and have a quiet word with the driver ,and make them aware of their speed.

with cameras its just cash ,cash ,cash all the way .

How does a camera know a driver is driving perfectly safely on an empty duel carrigeway at 2am , on a clear night , straight road ,causing no danger to anyone what so ever by driving at 65 mph?

It dosnt .

Full story here.

My main query with regards to this one is what would the forum's response to such posters who post threads warning of speed cameras on such a street? Could the police prosecute said posters if they saw fit to do so?

Nothing new here, it's not the first time people have been done, and it won't be the last. I don't really know how this made it onto the news.

I agree with Lardyboy, all speed camera's do is collect cash, FACT, they cant tell if someone is drunk or on drugs, thats a lot more dangerous than going 5 miles over the speed limit, but the camera is the easiest option so thats the one they use instead of getting police out on the beat and catching criminals, tho the cps are so soft, they drop the charges most of the time, but never with a speeding ticket!!!

I agree with Lardyboy, all speed camera's do is collect cash, FACT, they cant tell if someone is drunk or on drugs, thats a lot more dangerous than going 5 miles over the speed limit, but the camera is the easiest option so thats the one they use instead of getting police out on the beat and catching criminals, tho the cps are so soft, they drop the charges most of the time, but never with a speeding ticket!!!

Do you know what the difference in the likelihood of death is between 30mph and 35mph?

Speeding fines are stupidity tax paid by people who don't know how to drive properly.

I would never alert a speeding driver to the risk of detection, they deserve a fine and points for being reckless, anti-social criminals.

Speeding is never a victimless crime, it bullies and intimidates people, is noisier and is breaking the law.

Question do you drive yourself and if you do have you ever gone over the speed limit. If you say that you have never exceeded the speed limit, then you are telling porkies.

The warning to other motorists of a hazard ahead has allways been in place and a speed trap is a hazard.

To call 90% of drivers reckless, anti-social criminals "I feel you protest to mutch".

If you do drive are you the one of many that drive @ 28mph in a 40 limit and 56mph on the motorway in the middle lane.

Get a life springs to mind

6000 cameras cover the UK.

To replace them all with coppers would mean 24,000 extra police officers.

The cost would be extortionate.

Cameras save time and money and free up police officers to catch other idiot drivers.

No, camera's actually caused less motoring police on the roads not more, if you don't believe me, go look at the stats over the last 10 years before you make wild statements

I suggest that you look up what ANPR actually means and what it can do before you come on making wild claims

This is the chilling new super speed camera heading for Britain’s roads – which can catch motorists committing five different offences at the same time.

The ASSET camera can film inside a vehicle and see if the driver is wearing a seatbelt and can also measure distances between cars to identify tailgating.

http://www.personallyyours.co.uk/number-plates-news/the-chilling-new-super-speed-camera-heading-britains-roads/

Apology accepted.

Archived