Speed camera warners can be prosecuted.

This is the chilling new super speed camera heading for Britain’s roads – which can catch motorists committing five different offences at the same time.

The ASSET camera can film inside a vehicle and see if the driver is wearing a seatbelt and can also measure distances between cars to identify tailgating.

http://www.personallyyours.co.uk/number-plates-news/the-chilling-new-super-speed-camera-heading-britains-roads/

Apology accepted.

I welcome any camera that will stop tailgaters, it'll save me having to do it myself through counter aggressive driving and eventually having to get out of my car at the next junction.

It looks like there is a problem on that road:

http://lesbonner.mycouncillor.org.uk/2008/06/26/details-of-laceby-bypass-safety-scheme-announced/

The first fixed speed cameras in North East Lincolnshire will be installed on the Laceby Bypass. It is the first step being taken by the council in a £100,000 scheme to cut road deaths on the notorious stretch of the A46. The cameras - which will be fitted within four months - needed special permission from the Home Office because of their permanent nature. Step two of the scheme will be to cut the speed limit from 70mph to 50mph, while step three will reduce the road to one lane by the Laceby junctions.The move follows years of campaigning by residents and road users concerned about the high number of accidents on the bypass and continuing A46 in both directions.On the bypass stretch from the A18 roundabout to Cottages Plot there have been 109 casualties from 50 crashes in the last 10 years. They have resulted in 34 people killed or seriously injured.

http://findarticles.com/p/news-articles/daily-mail-london-england-the/mi_8002/is_2003_Dec_17/girls-killed-stupid-road-racers/ai_n37096146/

TWO young friends were knocked down and killed when a car involved in a 'criminally stupid' road race ploughed into them on the pavement, a court has heard.

Amy Jones and Kayla Young, both 13, 'just happened to be in the wrong place' as two men raced along a dual carriageway at speeds of up to 100mph...

So was Mr Thompson performing "a civic duty" by flashing his lights at other drivers? I don't think so; he was simply making a bit of a nuisance of himself. However, if he'd kept his mouth shut he would apparently have just been given a telling-off, as he himself said: "Because I challenged the officer he would not let me off with a warning."

This is the chilling new super speed camera heading for Britain’s roads – which can catch motorists committing five different offences at the same time.

The ASSET camera can film inside a vehicle and see if the driver is wearing a seatbelt and can also measure distances between cars to identify tailgating.

http://www.personallyyours.co.uk/number-plates-news/the-chilling-new-super-speed-camera-heading-britains-roads/

Apology accepted.

can it catch drunk drivers ?

can it catch drugged drivers ?

can it use good old fashioned common sense ?

Er................ NO , it cant

So , good old fashioned bobbies on the beat , bobbies who can use common sense when dealing with motoring issues are what is needed , NOT cameras that are set up and calibrated purely to make money .

can it catch drunk drivers ?

can it catch drugged drivers ?

can it use good old fashioned common sense ?

Er................ NO , it cant

Yep, as you'd know if you bothered to read the article, they detect erratic driving.

Plus they free up police time so real cops can catch drunk drivers.

Worth noting that speeding drivers kill many more people than drunk drivers, more than double in fact.

So , good old fashioned bobbies on the beat , bobbies who can use common sense when dealing with motoring issues are what is needed , NOT cameras that are set up and calibrated purely to make money .

If cameras set up purely to make money offend people, then those people should refuse to contribute any money. This is easily done, simply by obeying traffic laws.

Archived