Speed camera warners can be prosecuted.

ASSETT cameras are equipped with ANPR:

The Big Brother of all speed cameras now under trial in Finland will detect speed, recognise number plates and tailgating, detect whether seat belts are being worn and check whether insurance and road tax are up to date.

This all-seeing eye could be on the UK’s streets when it’s rolled out across Europe in 2013.

http://www.personallyyours.co.uk/number-plates-news/scariest-speed-cameras-yet-to-hit-motorists-in-2013/

Do you have issues with Motorists ?

you come across as though you are very anti - car .

Do you have issues with Motorists ?

you come across as though you are very anti - car .

Only if you have comprehension problems. I love my car. I hate speeders. These positions are not mutually exclusive.

I hate football hooligans.

I love football.

See?

You can hate the criminal activities of some people who indulge in lawless behaviour on the road. This doesn't mean you hate ALL road users, just the ones who break the law.

Understand?

No, you can't, ACPO guidelines are 10% plus 2mph at all speed limits.

When drivers break the law and speed past me at illegal speeds I find it bullying and intimidating.

Yes much the same as when im stood at a pelican crossing with lights at red, and a stupid cyclist just ignores the red light and goes straight through the crossing, he wants a goog slap dont you agree ?.

How do you imagine they check insurance details if they don't read the registration of the vehicle?

Insurance databases are notorious for being out of date, the ANPR system is only right 70-80% of the time, as there has been cases where someone has had insurance but the police still took their car, so nothing like an old fashioned bobby getting on the phone and checking for himself instead of relying totally on technology!!

Insurance databases are notorious for being out of date, the ANPR system is only right 70-80% of the time, as there has been cases where someone has had insurance but the police still took their car, so nothing like an old fashioned bobby getting on the phone and checking for himself instead of relying totally on technology!!

Do you have a source for that claim? The police use the Motor Insurer's Database to check insurance. It's not infallible, but I've never heard of a 30% failure rate, that would result in thousands of improperly impounded cars, where's that statistic from?

http://www.mib.org.uk/Motor+Insurance+Database/en/Motor+Insurance+Database+Information/The+MID+and+the+Police.htm

Yes much the same as when im stood at a pelican crossing with lights at red, and a stupid cyclist just ignores the red light and goes straight through the crossing, he wants a goog slap dont you agree ?.

A bike and rider weigh around 200 pounds tops. A car weighs over ten times that amount, that's why bikes kill on average half a person a year and cars over three thousand. So the danger is nowhere near the same.

A bike and rider weigh around 200 pounds tops. A car weighs over ten times that amount, that's why bikes kill on average half a person a year and cars over three thousand. So the danger is nowhere near the same.

Sorry to disagree but at the end of the day the cyclist is still breaking the law by going through the red light, the trouble is some cyclists think they are above the law untill something happens to them. As a road user its time it was compulsory for cyclists to have third party insurance so that a claim can be made against them if they cause an accident or injury to anyone. But obviously you will still disagree that a cyclist does no wrong.

So am i correct in thinking you condone cyclists who jump red lights , because their chioce of transport weighs less than a car ?

Archived