Speed camera warners can be prosecuted.

Full story here.

My main query with regards to this one is what would the forum's response to such posters who post threads warning of speed cameras on such a street? Could the police prosecute said posters if they saw fit to do so?

This is utter BS .. I'm sorry, but speed camera partnerships state they are not there to punish or to harvest money but to cause the traffic to slow down. Now this man has done precisely that, he caused other drivers to slow down. Job done.

This is utter BS .. I'm sorry, but speed camera partnerships state they are not there to punish or to harvest money but to cause the traffic to slow down. Now this man has done precisely that, he caused other drivers to slow down. Job done.

Wilfully obstructing a police officer in the execution of their duty is a criminal offence.

It is so easy to just be 1 or 2 mph over the limit especially going up a steep hill like Cookswood Rd at Shirecliffe. My car is screaming at 30mph in second up that hill but labouring in third at 30mph. 33mph is just becoming comfortable to the engine in third but so easy to become 36mph.

I always flash oncoming cars unless its obvious they are going fast in which case I don't and I always appreciated being warned by oncoming cars of their presence. It is sickening getting pinched for being just over the limit and it's the higher insurance premiums what cost more than the penalty.

I used to live on a main road and the police often used to set up a radar trap about half a mile down the road. I was once told that if I put a notice in the rear window of my car that said that said "Speed Trap Ahead" I could get done but it wasn't breaking the law to put a notice saying "30MPH Area." Whether that is true or not I don't know.

It is so easy to just be 1 or 2 mph over the limit especially going up a steep hill like Cookswood Rd at Shirecliffe.

I always flash oncoming cars unless its obvious they are going fast in which case I don't and I always appreciated being warned by oncoming cars of their presence. It is sickening getting pinched for being just over the limit and it's the higher insurance premiums what cost more than the penalty.

You won't get fined for being 1 or 2 mph over the limit, as I just explained.

what a load of tosh.....

You can easily get caught going slightly over the speed limit, it dosnt mean you are reckless or antisocial:suspect:

and how the hell can it be classed as bullying and intimidating..?:suspect:

Define "slightly over". Considering speedos over-read and the leniency of the camera you'd have to be doing more than "slightly" to get caught.

If you can't drive to the standards of your driving lesson, you deserve to be punished.

Define "slightly over". Considering speedos over-read and the leniency of the camera you'd have to be doing more than "slightly" to get caught.

If you can't drive to the standards of your driving lesson, you deserve to be punished.

i was convicted of doing of 35mph in a 30mph zone, there was nothing on the roads and there were no people about, (except for a mobile speed camera hid away):suspect:

i would call that slightly over the limit.

i wasn't driving recklessly and was in full control of the vehicle...

coincidentally, the same stretch of road was reclassified to a 40mph zone twelve months later:huh:

Archived