Speed camera warners can be prosecuted.

No one mentioned driving tests.

According to your logic 34mph is not breaking the law as it does not incur a fine!

It is against the law.

The guidelines mean you wouldn't get a fine.

You wouldn't speed on your driving test and expect to pass so why tear up the Highway Code once you've passed the test?

Speeding drivers are idiots, scrap the fine and make it 6 points to stop drivers whining and snivelling about "stealth taxes" that are nothing of the sort.

You wouldn't speed on your driving test and expect to pass so why tear up the Highway Code once you've passed the test?
I've never heard the term 'tear up the Highway Code' used in in answer to a mention of 34mph before.

Amusing, if a tad dramatic, I have to say.

This is so easy, it's the domain of the thick to support speeders.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1091715/Girl-14-killed-speeding-driver-crossed-road-listening-iPod.html

A girl of 14 was killed after stepping in front of a car as she listened to her iPod, an inquest heard.

Witnesses said Jordan Bell failed to look up before crossing a street near her home and was mown down by a Volkswagen Golf GTi.

The driver is now facing charges of careless driving and speeding after evidence he was doing nearly 40mph in a 30mph zone.

Now the idiot, I support speeding, brigade are going to come back and spout crap about here not looking up and listening to her ipod so I'll answer in advance of the stupid.

Here's a newsflash fools, kids don't always take care so you should.

Should you warn speeders? NO

Do they deserve their fines/points/potential ban/possible loss of job? YES.

I've never heard the term 'tear up the Highway Code' used in in answer to a mention of 34mph before.

Amusing, if a tad dramatic, I have to say.

Do you know about mass/velocity?

Hit by a car at 30 mph, 2 out of 10 pedestrians

will be killed

Hit by a car at 35 mph, 5 out of 10 pedestrians

will be killed

Not really a trivial issue, is it?

Limits are there for a reason. Exceed 30mph and you are more likely to crash and more likely to kill someone.

With the exception of motorways, (and the section of Bochum Parkway from Norton Ave to Norton Lane), I have never knowingly exceeded the speed limit.

This doesn't prove you wrong, but it does indicate that there are probably more drivers than you imagine who have never exceeded the speed limit. My wife has rarely driven on motorways, and I don't think she has ever exceeded the speed limit.

Basically, most urban speed limits are plenty fast enough, and I don't have any respect for people that choose to exceed them.

But that is all pretty irrelevant on this thread. Some guy has been convicted, and given a criminal record, for flashing his lights at oncoming vehicles. This may effect his access to employment, finance, and his insurance premiums will increase. Given that speeding drivers usually just get points and/or a fine, I think this is an inappropriate abuse of the law.

I stand by my statement

I have warned oncoming drivers before by flashing the lights but I will probably use the hand in future, if it's safe to do so. The guy should have been a bit quicker and said he thought the driver in front had a flat tyre.

Me too mate . And i will continue to do so in the future.

Many ,many drivers do this on a regular basis

It figures how you think the police investigating a mob attacking a car and it's occupants is a waste of time, whilst supporting the police hanging around roadsides.

The motorist is the easy target , it dosnt involve having to do any police work , just point a camera ,and hey presto , the cash comes rolling in .

Archived