Would you grass up the people who poked Camilla?

Without the royals, house of Lords, etc, who do you think would be running the country? The bankers, the masters, e.g. those with the biggest clout!

You think that is not what isd happening?

You think there is a dividing line between hereditory peers/Royals and 'the bankers, the masters, those with the biggest clout.'? They are more of a seemless continuum than two seprate groups.

What I pointed out in my last post is that it is more what the Royals represent which is objectionable, as opposed to any functions they actually carry out. Functions which can be fulfilled just as satisfactorily without them, as is demonstrated daily in many modern democracies.

No, I wasn't calling the non fee payers lesser achievers par se, rather saying that even if they finish Uni and don't get an above average job or don't even finish Uni, they still won't have to pay!

P.S. I'm from a working to middle class background!

I did a college course for fun a few years ago and the tutor (also a uni lecturer) allowed cheating to happen and many went on to uni, only to fail miserably and get lumbered with debt.

Yeah I see your point, so like I say, maybe a better way would be to higher the requirements for uni?

Theres always going to be idiots like that tutor in the system who do no favors for his students or society...but with this system there's always going to be people like me and my sister who could make something of their lives but wont get the opportunity like we did (we grew up on the Manor with nothing, statistically we should have been write offs)

To me its not worth the financial sacrifice....

PS. When I read back my posts, its hard to believe I went to uni "higher the requirements"....thats not even a word :)

So police should shoot on a presumption? That worked well for Jean Charles de Menezes.

Of course they should. What if they were right?

Tragic, but they were doing their jobs with the intention of avoiding/preventing something equally as tragic and pointless.

The royals security would have been warranted in doing the same thing.

Sticks and bins can kill people too.

Absolutely. A throwback to the days of feudal serfdom. In a decent society people would want to remove the last symbolic vestiges of the masters/slaves system. The fact so many view with nostalgia those days of the ruthless gangster families - who ruled Europe with an iron fist for centuries - only demonstrates they have been effectively brainwashed from birth.

I assume that you would not have been unhappy if the royal couple had been injured by the protestors throwing bins, paint and poking pieces of wood through the car windows.

Yeah I see your point, so like I say, maybe a better way would be to higher the requirements for uni?

Theres always going to be idiots like that tutor in the system who do no favors for his students or society...but with this system there's always going to be people like me and my sister who could make something of their lives but wont get the opportunity like we did (we grew up on the Manor with nothing, statistically we should have been write offs)

To me its not worth the financial sacrifice....

PS. When I read back my posts, its hard to believe I went to uni "higher the requirements"....thats not even a word :)

I had to smile last night when I heard one of the Leeds universities that is currently being occupied by students protesting about fees is in the top flight of those facing closure due to lack of cash.

I had to smile last night when I heard one of the Leeds universities that is currently being occupied by students protesting about fees is in the top flight of those facing closure due to lack of cash.

Leeds only has one University. The other is a polytechnic college ;)

(oh the monday night competitions at Majestics...)

Own up, who did it:

Anyone who saw the protesters surround Charle's and Rod Hull's car will have been disgusted at the antics of the lazy, scruffy layabouts who clearly don't work for a living and expect everyone else to pay for their pleasures. They make me sick, they are useless ugly cretins who have never done a day's work in their life and sit back and expect the rest of us to pander to their every whim.

I don't like the protesters either.- Harry Cole, Bow, 05/01/2011 14:09

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standard/article-23911252-prince-charles-insisted-on-driving-through-protesters-despite-police-warning.do

Archived