Would you grass up the people who poked Camilla?

The ones to blame are those who acted in a lawless manner.

Indeed, and the police are trying to find them. I'm not the one advocating lawlessness. I'd hope people could be arrested rather than shot at.

Do you mean [...] that there are no go areas in central London.

Surely common sense tells you a 'no go area'. Don't drive through the middle of a riot is a pretty sensible idea, no?

No, but too many people are (were) being shoved through the uni gravy train without any hope of completing it, to only being bundled with debt and a big fat FAIL.

People can still go to uni, but the cost highlights the commitment question to the money grabbing time wasters.

As you know (by the sounds), uni is not an easy ride! (I bet you worked hard for that 2:1!)

Yeah I completely agree on that point, it used to anger me so much when Id see time wasters who had no intention of finishing uni and no real passion for their subject...just there for the experience and p*ss up..but ironically, they were usually the ones that had rich families who were paying their fees and accommodation so uni was just playtime for them, as they had no real interest in doing well as they would always be ok financially for the future...

Most of my friends were the ones who had been lucky enough to have their fees paid and so really appreciated that, worked hard and have made something of their lives...my older sister for example, when she was younger didnt have that opportunity when she left school. Then a few years ago, she enrolled in uni having her fees paid and is now a fully qualified social workers working one of the most deprived areas of Rotherham!

So I do appreciate your point, but all rasing fees does is isolate the working class, and just because your family covers the cost doesnt mean youre not gona fail too...its a hard one to call!

(And yes I did work bloody hard! :hihi:)

Indeed, and the police are trying to find them. I'm not the one advocating lawlessness. I'd hope people could be arrested rather than shot at.

Surely common sense tells you a 'no go area'. Don't drive through the middle of a riot is a pretty sensible idea, no?

You seem to be desperately trying to prop up an indefensible case here. Law abiding citizens should be able to use the streets without being attatcked by armed thugs. The fact that it was part of the Royal family makes the crime worse.

If it had been foreign dignitaries that were attacked the perpetrators would have been shot, probably by their body guards. If the Royal family had been in Canada or the USA and were attacked the local security services would have shot those involved and medals awarded.

You obviously find it unpallatable that anarchists don't rule our streets, but had any of the louts and thugs attacking the royals been shot no charges would have followed and rightly so.

You seem to be desperately trying to prop up an indefensible case here.

Not once have i said poking Camilla with a stick is good thing to do. My two points are:

A. Try to avoid driving into a riot.

B. If some does throw a bin at a car, i don't think that person should be shot.

You seem to be desperately trying to prop up an indefensible case here. Law abiding citizens should be able to use the streets without being attatcked by armed thugs. The fact that it was part of the Royal family makes the crime worse.

If it had been foreign dignitaries that were attacked the perpetrators would have been shot, probably by their body guards. If the Royal family had been in Canada or the USA and were attacked the local security services would have shot those involved and medals awarded.

You obviously find it unpallatable that anarchists don't rule our streets, but had any of the louts and thugs attacking the royals been shot no charges would have followed and rightly so.

Start gunning people down in the street, and they will switch from throwing stones to shooting and planting bombs. The historical examples of this are plentiful.The best policy to avoid civil unrest is not to go to far in the direction of setting everything up for the benefit of the wealthy. ie taking money out of education to pay off the gambling debts of City bankers.

Not once have i said poking Camilla with a stick is good thing to do. My two points are:

A. Try to avoid driving into a riot.

B. If some does throw a bin at a car, i don't think that person should be shot.

I don't suppose anyone deliberately drove into a riot. Your point is frankly ludicrous.

At what point would you suggest that armed intervention is justified? Would that be before or after the royal family have been injured or stabbed? Body guards are there to protect the bodies of their employers and not anyone else's.

Start gunning people down in the street, and they will switch from throwing stones to shooting and planting bombs. The historical examples of this are plentiful.The best policy to avoid civil unrest is not to go to far in the direction of setting everything up for the benefit of the wealthy. ie taking money out of education to pay off the gambling debts of City bankers.

Like Sarajevo 1914?

Like Sarajevo 1914?

That was a planned assasination intrinsically connected to the agressive colonial policies of the Austro Hungarian Empire. Slightly different from incompetent numpties directing a motorcade into a demo, despite having the benefit of live CCTV observation of all the possible routes. Do you think that would even happen in America?

Archived