Muslim converts, why is this happening?

As for why women convert, I heard an interview on the radio yesterday morning. The convert said that she preferred the closeness of her muslim sisters and that she could stop competing with her friends regarding make-up and the latest clothes. For some people, too much freedom is not necessarily a good thing.
That's a bit drastic. She obviously didn't have any proper mates, though if she felt the need to 'compete' with them. If you don't like make-up and going out, no need to convert to islam and muffle yourself up in a scarf and gown, find some mates who enjoy doing things you do enjoy :loopy:

My sisters always seemed to spend a lot of time 'grooming' one another and their friends, when they were teens, sharing clothes, doing one another's hair and make-up and on shoe buying expeditions. No competition there, they seemed to like making their friends look as pretty as they did.

That's a bit drastic. She obviously didn't have any proper mates, though if she felt the need to 'compete' with them. If you don't like make-up and going out, no need to convert to islam and muffle yourself up in a scarf and gown, find some mates who enjoy doing things you do enjoy :loopy:

My sisters always seemed to spend a lot of time 'grooming' one another and their friends, when they were teens, sharing clothes, doing one another's hair and make-up and on shoe buying expeditions. No competition there, they seemed to like making their friends look as pretty as they did.

She was vulnerable, and could have been picked up by any faith or cult - The girl mentioned here was a prime target as she had noone close to her looking out for her - just a load of fake mates...

I agree with ya, mate. But when people hear a woman saying that stuff, they just seem to accept it as truth. They never seem to think, this is down to personality problems or something.

The experiences I've had of people who take up religion in adult life always seem to be a bit .. weird. All the cults are the same, Jesus Army, Islam, etc. It's like people are so frightened of life and inept, they have to have a strict regime to live by. It's like they can't trust themselves to make their own decisions.

Until they try to convert back.

Indeed. But the Sally Army and Jove's cult are nearly as bad. They will stop being your friends and actively disown you for wanting to use your brain as god intended. They just don't tend to kill you for 'going out' with the wrong type of boyfriend.

more women convert to Islam than men and most women converts that have spoken on the subject agree they that they are treated better in Islam.

Bounce You may have a point there I have two close muslim convert friends and they both say similar things.

Archived