Muslim converts, why is this happening?

My parents are from Egypt, and there are much greater incidences of sexual harassment and rape there. Ditto for Turkey.

As for other muslim majority countries, it is impossible to check. But don't forget that there is no such thing as spousal rape in Islam, so is not illegal in most muslim majority countries.

Are you going to tell me that Turkey is a country where Islam is a state religion? When there are 98% of Muslims and girls are not allowed to waer headscarf at Uni...

Egypt has a big poverty problem, and its problem is complex. It is a liberal society where a bit of everything goes. The youngsters in Egypt do not have jobs, hence can't get married, hence are frustrated. This is an economical problem as well as an education problem.

In Islam, if one is not able to get married, then he should do other activities that will take his mind off women, and if this still doesn't work, they are asked to fast. In any case, they must lower their gaze.

Again, not the fault of Islam if people don't want to follow its teachings.

A lot of rapes in this country are by Muslims too. Also most rapes are either not reported or thrown out in Muslim countries. (What are the rules for reporting rape in Muslim countries under Sharia law again?)

There are countries i'd expect to see on that list which aren't even there!

A lot of rapes in this country are by Muslims too. Also most rapes are either not reported or thrown out in Muslim countries. (What are the rules for reporting rape in Muslim countries under Sharia law again?)

A lot of rapes in Thailand are done by white men, possibly a few of the born and bred in England...

A majority of christians are not living by the rules of the Bible, same goes for every religion. Do you think it is written anywhere in the Quran that Muslim men can rape a girl and this is acceptable?? You find me where it says this please.

I read about the grooming cases, in my book these guys should be put to death. My husband also agrees. This would be the penalty if Sharia was in place, and I'm sure this would be a great deterrent for scums like those.

Good grief....Was this an empirical study you took or are we just taking your word for it? I'm guessing columbo's not working this case.

It is, if those people still call themselves Muslim!

A lot of people here call themselves christian by default, because nowadays people like to wear a label.

A Muslim is someone who lives by the laws of Islam. Otherwise, it's just a Pakistani, A Kurdish....

A lot of rapes in Thailand are done by white men, possibly a few of the born and bred in England...

A majority of christians are not living by the rules of the Bible, same goes for every religion. Do you think it is written anywhere in the Quran that Muslim men can rape a girl and this is acceptable?? You find me where it says this please.

I read about the grooming cases, in my book these guys should be put to death. My husband also agrees. This would be the penalty if Sharia was in place, and I'm sure this would be a great deterrent for scums like those.

I agree with you on all accounts, except the death penalty.

Here is the punishment for rape in Shariah law:

The scholars are unanimously agreed that the rapist is to be subjected to the hadd punishment if there is clear evidence against him that he deserves the hadd punishment, or if he admits to that. Otherwise, he is to be punished (that is, if there is no proof that the hadd punishment for zina may be carried out against him because he does not confess and there are not four witnesses, then the judge may punish him and stipulate a punishment that will deter him and others like him). There is no punishment for the woman if it is true that he forced her and overpowered her. (Al-Istidhkaar, 7/146).

In addition, the rapist is subject to the hadd punishment for zina, even if the rape was not carried out at knifepoint or gunpoint. If the use of a weapon was threatened, then he is a muharib, and is to be subjected to the hadd punishment described in the verse in which Allah says (The recompense of those who wage war against Allah and His Messenger and do mischief in the land is only that they shall be killed or crucified or their hands and their feet be cut off from opposite sides, or be exiled from the land. That is their disgrace in this world, and a great torment is theirs in the Hereafter) (Al-Ma’idah 5:33).

So the judge has the choice of the four punishments mentioned in this verse and may choose whichever he thinks is most suitable to attain the objective, which is to spread peace and security in society, and ward off evildoers and aggressors.

Read more: http://www.islamonline.net/servlet/Satellite?pagename=IslamOnline-English-Ask_Scholar/FatwaE/FatwaE&cid=1125407868541#ixzz1AGEpadcD

A lot of people here call themselves christian by default, because nowadays people like to wear a label.

A Muslim is someone who lives by the laws of Islam. Otherwise, it's just a Pakistani, A Kurdish....

A Muslims is someone who calls themselves a Muslim, a Christian is someone who calls themselves a Christian. There are different types and all say the others are wrong.

To me anyone who has a "belief" in God is a nut case and always will be until it is proven that a God exists and even then i'd like to know which religion is "right"! LOL

Here is the punishment for rape in Shariah law:

The scholars are unanimously agreed that the rapist is to be subjected to the hadd punishment if there is clear evidence against him that he deserves the hadd punishment, or if he admits to that. Otherwise, he is to be punished (that is, if there is no proof that the hadd punishment for zina may be carried out against him because he does not confess and there are not four witnesses, then the judge may punish him and stipulate a punishment that will deter him and others like him). There is no punishment for the woman if it is true that he forced her and overpowered her. (Al-Istidhkaar, 7/146).

In addition, the rapist is subject to the hadd punishment for zina, even if the rape was not carried out at knifepoint or gunpoint. If the use of a weapon was threatened, then he is a muharib, and is to be subjected to the hadd punishment described in the verse in which Allah says (The recompense of those who wage war against Allah and His Messenger and do mischief in the land is only that they shall be killed or crucified or their hands and their feet be cut off from opposite sides, or be exiled from the land. That is their disgrace in this world, and a great torment is theirs in the Hereafter) (Al-Ma’idah 5:33).

So the judge has the choice of the four punishments mentioned in this verse and may choose whichever he thinks is most suitable to attain the objective, which is to spread peace and security in society, and ward off evildoers and aggressors.

Read more: http://www.islamonline.net/servlet/Satellite?pagename=IslamOnline-English-Ask_Scholar/FatwaE/FatwaE&cid=1125407868541#ixzz1AGEpadcD

I asked about the rules of "reporting" rape, not sentencing!

(BTW, i'm off out...)

Archived