Muslim converts, why is this happening?

To say how close Islam is to Judaism, I am surprised they are fighting each other in the Holy Land!

Hi,

That, I do concede to you. I was Jewish before and of strict obedience and to be perfectly honest, Judaism is a lot harsher towards women or non Jews, and for everyday life than Islam is.

I feel liberated since I have become Muslim.

... [...] I feel liberated since I have become Muslim.
You'd feel even more liberated if you'd just stopped being anything ... except maybe a pagan.

I really don't find it understandable why people, intelligent or otherwise, need a judeo-christian-islamic religious crutch to enable them to navigate through life. :huh:

You'd feel even more liberated if you'd just stopped being anything ... except maybe a pagan.

I really don't find it understandable why people, intelligent or otherwise, need a judeo-christian-islamic religious crutch to enable them to navigate through life. :huh:

In a way I do understand it - but it is the vulnerable who seek solace in such things... If you were pedalling something though, would you delve too deeply into why someone was buying into it? Those evangelising faith in this day and age seem to take all comers, regardless of that persons true needs...

Three things ruby.

1. What are drink and drugs if they are not a crutch?

2. What crutch does does a person of faith have, other than their own inner strength?

3. Considering all the hostility towards religion I am sure many people would crumble under the strain. Is that not an indication of strength on the part of the believer?

In a way I do understand it - but it is the vulnerable who seek solace in such things... If you were pedalling something though, would you delve too deeply into why someone was buying into it? Those evangelising faith in this day and age seem to take all comers, regardless of that persons true needs...

That is so patronizing. I am a very strong individual, very strong willed, who has so far never been affraid of questioning my beliefs, hence the change in my faith. Everybody has faith in something, yours may not been God, but it is some belief that makes you wake up in the morning and live life to the full.

I too live my life to the full and it is not a piece of cloth on my head or my covered body, nor me not ingesting intoxicating substances, nor me having sex before being wedded that makes me a weak, vulnerable human.

People have to start thinking outside their small life spectrum, and discover and find out for themselves what other ways of life are avaliable.

That is so patronizing. I am a very strong individual, very strong willed, who has so far never been affraid of questioning my beliefs, hence the change in my faith. Everybody has faith in something, yours may not been God, but it is some belief that makes you wake up in the morning and live life to the full.

I too live my life to the full and it is not a piece of cloth on my head or my covered body, nor me not ingesting intoxicating substances, nor me having sex before being wedded that makes me a weak, vulnerable human.

People have to start thinking outside their small life spectrum, and discover and find out for themselves what other ways of life are avaliable.

So, as I asked before, do you believe in a supreme being who created everything?

So, as I asked before, do you believe in a supreme being who created everything?

You didn't ask ME. And since you are now adressing me, I will say that yes, I believe that a supreme creator has created the earth, the planets, the whole universe. I also believe that our time is going to end soon as we are reaching new levels of madness and horrors in human history. And this has been prophecized by all 3 monotheisms.

Three things ruby.

1. What are drink and drugs if they are not a crutch?

2. What crutch does does a person of faith have, other than their own inner strength?

3. Considering all the hostility towards religion I am sure many people would crumble under the strain. Is that not an indication of strength on the part of the believer?

1. I only do tea and ibuprofen, but they're not a crutch I use to judge other people by, or try to inflict on them.

2. Inner strength is all we need. If you don't have it, well .. you're snookered because 'God' won't help you.

3. Delusions are often stronger than reality for some people. People who really believe in God/Allah, rather than mere lip service, are mentally deluded to a greater or lesser degree, imo.

Sorry if you find it patronising, but it's purely from observation... As someone raised within a very strong religious framework, I have seen many trying to break into what they percieved as a better way of live for them, and all have huge voids in their lives... All were seeking something that didn't exist, and all wanted something that they simply could not find in themselves - but if they had looked hard enough and been properly supported by those around them they'd have been better off... Religion is a crutch, but it isn't a solution for a 'better' life...

1. I only do tea and ibuprofen, but they're not a crutch I use to judge other people by, or try to inflict on them.

2. Inner strength is all we need. If you don't have it, well .. you're snookered because 'God' won't help you.

3. Delusions are often stronger than reality for some people. People who really believe in God/Allah, rather than mere lip service, are mentally deluded to a greater or lesser degree, imo.

1. I was generalising and there are a lot of people who are dependent on something or other which they use as a crutch, the majority being unbelievers. We know from the numbers who are taking anti-depressants that many people including atheists are turning to their doctor or others for a crutch. So why single out believers?

2. If you think that God will not help people, why do you demean yourself by making a statement you consider to be a lie.

3. Talking about delusions, there are many atheists who are superstitious. Do you not agree they are deluded?

Archived