What was your worst experience when learning to drive?

I'm sure we'll all have one to tell.

I remember my first driving instructor going ballistic when I didn't shake the pipe nozzle properly and spilled petrol down the side of his car when filling it up. Proper nutcase he was.

My worst thing was when I was on my test and a stupid woman pushed a pushchair out straight in front of the car. Thankfully I did do the emergency stop properly and the examiner didn't ask me to do another one.

He did make me do my pulling out from behind a parked car on a really big hill though, and did my reversing round a corner into the gateway of a school as it turned out, so there were hundreds of small children all round the car making any reversing a pain in the backside.

I kept stalling at the manor top traffic lights... I held up a whole load of traffic for three entire rotations of traffic lights before I managed to move off...

I remember pleading with the instructor - "please, just make it work... just make it go... I'm so embarrassed, its not working" but he made me do it... and I did in the end... :blush:

I kept stalling at the manor top traffic lights... I held up a whole load of traffic for three entire rotations of traffic lights before I managed to move off...

I remember pleading with the instructor - "please, just make it work... just make it go... I'm so embarrassed, its not working" but he made me do it... and I did in the end... :blush:

I did that too - and it only gets worse when you can see the traffic building up behind you. Ahh the shame!!

Worst experience for me was on my driving test when the examiner found out I went to the same school as his kids then was talking to me the whole time, asking if I knew so and so, or what I thought of certain teachers! I wish I was rude enough to have told him to shut up whilst I tried to concentrate. (I failed, not surprisingly).

I did that too, at Hillsborough crossroads, in the middle of the 'rush hour' There must have been 56 buses and lorries behind me by the time I had got moving again:hihi:. The examiner had to operate the controls for me in the end, and, not surprisingly, I failed miserably. When we got back to the test centre, I sat in the car, and the examiner walked back to the office, saying to my instructor "One thing you have to be grateful for mate, is that your car is still in one piece!" :hihi: I am happy to say, I did pass my test eventually!

On my second lesson a cow jumped over a wall straight into the path of the car!! Thank God it was due control!. But the worst thing when i was an 18yr old learning to drive was the letchy instructor who insisted on showing me saucy pictures of his missus after one lesson. Needless to say, I changed driving schools after that.

Archived