What was your worst experience when learning to drive?

going out with my OH, just been to mums grave & came out on manor lane then stalled, & stalled again by this time i had 2 cars waiting behind & my OH mouthing off, me screaming back, stalled again so swore long & loud at him & got out of the car & told him to drive (wish i had been close to home) but should have stayed in driver seat. still i didnt let him take me out again & passed test easily.still driving 35years later with a clean history (cant spell licence) touch wood.

going out with my OH, just been to mums grave & came out on manor lane then stalled, & stalled again by this time i had 2 cars waiting behind & my OH mouthing off, me screaming back, stalled again so swore long & loud at him & got out of the car & told him to drive (wish i had been close to home) but should have stayed in driver seat. still i didnt let him take me out again & passed test easily.still driving 35years later with a clean history (cant spell licence) touch wood.

:hihi::hihi: Reminds me of when I had a lesson with my ex-husband! I shot out of a side road onto a main road without looking, and a car was coming along. I was driving barefoot, and it was piddling it down with rain. He made me get out of the driving seat, and I was walking round the car to get in the passenger seat, and he shot round and drove off and left me! The Barsteward!:hihi:

ps - you spelt 'licence' correctly by the way!

Turning right across a dual carraigeway.

I stalled the car as I started out across the other side and stopped sideways on in the 2nd lane as a Volvo was bearing down on the instructors' side of the car... he was remarkably calm and just said, "turn the key, and into 1st" or something like that.

I turned right across a dual carriageway in a test once. My lights had been at green to go, and so had the others on the opposite side of the dual carriageway. Of course, i should have waited patiently in the middle - but i set off to go in front of the two rows of oncoming traffic. The examiners hair stood on end as she shouted "DON'T GO!"

Don't think I ever had a bad time with my instructor. Whenever something was done wrong he was so calm and cool, he would 'suggest' I wouldn't do it. For example ''I wouldn't be going 40 on this stretch now mate''

Whilst doing my very first reverse around the corner, he stopped me mid-way to check out a milfs arse who was walking by, and during one of the breaks in a 2 hour lesson he once said ''Oo, she looks like she hit every branch on the ugly tree'' My instructor was a lad, shame I had to pass really.

Heading through a narrow gap, without slowing; the instructor went mad at me saying I should have slowed down.

Didn't even come close to hitting anything (other than the instructor).

Mind you he wasn't pleased when I said 'It's only close if you can't get a coat of paint between the cars'.

Archived